• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Black P260 21" Monito Refubished $225+$60 shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
If you like CRT's this is a nice monitor, I bought one of these last year from these guys and the monitor was like new, they ship fast and these CRT's produce a clear crisp picture thanks to the Sony tube.

P260.jpg

21""
Flat CRT Display
0.24 Dot Pitch
1920x1440 Maximum Resolution

IBM P260 21 inch .24 dpi Black Monitor

"The IBM P260 color monitors incorporate the latest FD Trinitron CRT technology to give users professional quality images on the flattest possible screens. FD Trinitron technology offers minimal glare and image distortion with excellent color rendering for the most accurate pictures possible. These features are enhanced by a very fine aperture grille pitch, together with a high contrast CRT, for unprecedented image performance. P260 color monitors can readily handle a wide spectrum of office tasks and more demanding applications, including: word processing and data entry; e-mail, Internet access and e-business; business graphics and image processing; complex financial and sales spreadsheets; project management and schedule tracking; CAD/CAM; desktop publishing. Twin video inputs allow the P260 color monitors to be connected to two computer systems at once. A convenient switch on the front bezel selects the active video input."
These came directly from IBM. They are in factory sealed IBM Boxes and good as new. One year warranty through our company makes this a monitor worth bidding on an not to be lost to a sniper. Add $60 for shipping and handling. These are not new. Specifications

http://www.surfplus.net/description.asp?prodID=252

They have a few LCD's on sale but Im not familiar with them

http://www.surfplus.net/default.asp?CategoryID=10

Tempting....

Just curious, how much did you pay last year?

[edit] Hmmm, how feasible do you think it is to carry this monitor around to lan parties? Near Impossible?

Last edited:
Demont said:
Tempting....

Just curious, how much did you pay last year?

[edit] Hmmm, how feasible do you think it is to carry this monitor around to lan parties? Near Impossible?

He has Ebay Sales under surfplus, I got it for $180 plus $60 shipping and it had the same 1 year guarantee. The monitor was extremely well boxed and had a injected foam shell around the box.

This particular monitor is worth every penny of the current price.

If you run the monitor at 1024 x 768 it runs at 120mhz which is above average

i would haul this beast around too much or you'll be seeing a chiropractor soon :p

lcd's for lans :)

Maxvla said:
i would haul this beast around too much or you'll be seeing a chiropractor soon :p

lcd's for lans :)

Actually this is one of the lighter CRT's, weighs about 60 pounds, I have another NEC (Piece of crap) that weighs about 100 pounds.

I have a big office amd I don't mind using CRT's as the price point for LCD 21"ers isn't consumer friendly at this time.

When you see a 21" LCD for under $300 wake me up. :rolleyes:

Silversinksam said:

Actually this is one of the lighter CRT's, weighs about 60 pounds, I have another NEC (Piece of crap) that weighs about 100 pounds.

I have a big office amd I don't mind using CRT's as the price point for LCD 21"ers isn't consumer friendly at this time.

When you see a 21" LCD for under $300 wake me up. :rolleyes:

I just ordered, I've had this crappy 17in CRT for too many years. Viewable area is slightly tilted and no controls to fix it. Paid 20 bucks for this thing a few years ago because the owner thought it was broken... absolutely no problems other than the aforementioned screwy screen.

Specs on the internet I saw said 70 lbs... but either way its heavy. Not too heavy to carry though, I mean, either way you are making a trip to the car for your monitor. Plus I would like to think that the sheer size will inspire enough fear to make it worth the effort.

Sam, wake me up when you see a 17in LCD for what I just paid for this 21in CRT. Not for a while!

i gotta buy a crt next week.
ill definatly be giving this another view.
also for the even more $$$ saver check out the hitachi
http://www.surfplus.net/description.asp?prodID=238

same deal and $50 cheaper.
now if its as good i dunno,id take sss's word if he has a comment.

im usually a kds 19"extream flat buyer and walmart has em for $170. the last one i bought sucked.so onward shopping!

Demont said:

I just ordered, I've had this crappy 17in CRT for too many years. Viewable area is slightly tilted and no controls to fix it. Paid 20 bucks for this thing a few years ago because the owner thought it was broken... absolutely no problems other than the aforementioned screwy screen.

Specs on the internet I saw said 70 lbs... but either way its heavy. Not too heavy to carry though, I mean, either way you are making a trip to the car for your monitor. Plus I would like to think that the sheer size will inspire enough fear to make it worth the effort.

Sam, wake me up when you see a 17in LCD for what I just paid for this 21in CRT. Not for a while!

You'll like it, I guarantee you ;)

deathstar13 said:
i gotta buy a crt next week.
ill definatly be giving this another view.
also for the even more $$$ saver check out the hitachi
http://www.surfplus.net/description.asp?prodID=238

same deal and $50 cheaper.
now if its as good i dunno,id take sss's word if he has a comment.

im usually a kds 19"extream flat buyer and walmart has em for $170. the last one i bought sucked.so onward shopping!

I will only vouch for the IBM since I have it and I know its got a Sony Tube, the Hitachi may not have a sony tube.

The IBM has a clear crisp picture and I don't buy cr@p.....

Silversinksam said:
I will only vouch for the IBM since I have it and I know its got a Sony Tube, the Hitachi may not have a sony tube.

I'm pretty sure Hitachi is relabeled IBM.

I recently bought two "IBM" CRT's - one is IBM, the other Hitachi, but they're identical, save the name plate.

<shrug> I guess that doesn't mean they ALL are ...

Wow! did you read the part about the dual inputs? I wonder if there are any game applications for this. I might try and use the second ouput from my video card on the second input. I could toggle between the two vues as nessary. Well I ordered one!

I use a IBM P260 for my main rig and LUV the thing to death . :attn:

GREAT picture (geometry and color) and quality built . The P260' DO use a Sony Trinitron tube (.24 pitch) .
I have had my P260 for about 2yrs (NEW) without one single problem (even after running a slightly higher refresh rate above the recommend settings @ 1024X1280 and 1200X1600 ).

I "HIGHLY RECOMMEND" the P260 !
( so far I find it very hard to go LCD as of yet while owning a P260 )

Nice post SSS (as always ;) )

*edited*

Last edited:
Well it arrived today! looks nice! I have always loved the sony apertature grill. I have two questions. The back has both a dvi and standard input. Which do you think would be better for games?? I am currently using the dvi.
The monitor clicks like when it looses connection whenever I end a game or log out. Is this sensitivity to signal normal for these?

Got mine today, it is almost too big. I am used to being closer to the monitor. I will get some use out of my cordless mx700 mouse I guess(another deal I believe you posted, sam.) Thanks again.

I am using the DVI, it should be slightly better for everything, darknight.

DarkNight said:
Well it arrived today! looks nice! I have always loved the sony apertature grill. I have two questions. The back has both a dvi and standard input. Which do you think would be better for games?? I am currently using the dvi.
The monitor clicks like when it looses connection whenever I end a game or log out. Is this sensitivity to signal normal for these?

I have tried both , but really just use the DVI connection and have not really compared the two .

You refering to the "click" sound .... nah , your fine .... thats normal for this monitor when swithing resolutions ,mostly just in gaming or changing resolutions on the fly ; my past Viewsonic did the same "click" .

*edited*

Last edited:
Sweet!:D I love this thing! I just played the second demo for call of duty and it's hard to miss even at 1024x768. Thanks Sam!!!

DarkNight said:
Sweet!:D I love this thing! I just played the second demo for call of duty and it's hard to miss even at 1024x768. Thanks Sam!!!

Glad you fellas are enjoying them, I love mine as well, make sure you set your monitor to 120mhz refresh rate if your video card allows it, as at 1024x768, 120 is optimal and supported by the monitor.

I can only say one thing bad about this monitor (a Sony tube thing) If you hit the Reply to this message and scroll really slowly, you will notice two hard to see lines that are horizontal. This can only be seen on white backgrounds.

You really have to look to see this anomaly but aside from that this monitor is a helluva bargain. When they first came out they were a bit more than $225 ;)

PS just out of curiousity what condition did your monitor arrive to you in? Like new, unblemished?

In 1024x768 it only shows 100hz and 120hz if I uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

In 1152x864 (the resoultion that I've been using) it shows 100 if I uncheck that.

For sure nothing will explode if I go for 100hz?

The monitor is perfect as far as I can tell.

Yes a bit more than 225... didn't they retail over 1k originally? :eek:

Back