• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Black P260 21" Monito Refubished $225+$60 shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great! I was a little concerned at first when my desktop would require readjustment to fill the monitor each morning. I found myself adjusting again in 5 minutes. I then realized that if I just gave it a minute or two to warm up it would fine without adjusting. We are very happy with it. I really do appreciate you posting the deal!!!:beer:

my monitor was supposed to arrive yesterday and ti didnt :( :( stupid airborne express... now i have to wait until monday!

Those of you who ordered this 21inch IBM, did it come airborne express? And when did you get it? Mine still isnt here, and it had a est delivery date of october 31st, and the status hasnt changed since the 26th. So i just called airborne and this really rude lady was all like "were sorry sir the package is oddly shaped and hasnt been placed on truck yet, please check again tomorrow when the status should change" So im like WTF oddly shaped other people ordered the same thing and had no problems! The status hasnt changed for over a week! "Let me repeat what i said sir", at this point i just got ****ed and hung up, now when it finnaly does arrive its prolly gonna be in a 100 pieces, god i hate airborne express.

oddly shaped??? never knew a cube counted as oddly shaped... (or i supposes its technically a rectangular prism for you math buffs). yea always go FedEx.

The airborne guy who delivered mine even carried it inside for me!
I would find somebody up the chain at airborne and really let them have it!

i finally got it today, made the guy carry it in too :D

Anywho this thing is monsterous... i almost fell over backward carrying it to my room from the hallway, and im not weak :D.

Anywho i cant seem to find brightness/contrass in the OSD, does it have it? And i had to play with the color a little but other then that its a sweet *** monitor!!! WOOO good deal, best 285 i ever spent :D

EDIT: The only drivers i could find on the IBM website were for WIn95/98 is it safe to use these for WinXP pro? Or are there XP drivers around the net somewhere?

Last edited:
They carried it in for you people? bah. I came home and it was sitting on my front steps getting rained on.

The buttons to the left and right of the menu button control brightness and contrast directly if you are not already in the menu.

I just noticed my monitor has several very tiny black specs on it... seems I can scrape them off with my fingernail but cleaning with alcohol and a rag cannot defeat them. Anyone else have anything like that?

[edit] Spanko as long as it says Plug and Play Monitor on [your videocard] in Display Properties > Settings tab it should be fine. Windows XP should be able to do this by default.

Spanko said:
i finally got it today, made the guy carry it in too :D

Anywho this thing is monsterous... i almost fell over backward carrying it to my room from the hallway, and im not weak :D.

Anywho i cant seem to find brightness/contrass in the OSD, does it have it? And i had to play with the color a little but other then that its a sweet *** monitor!!! WOOO good deal, best 285 i ever spent :D

EDIT: The only drivers i could find on the IBM website were for WIn95/98 is it safe to use these for WinXP pro? Or are there XP drivers around the net somewhere?

The native XP drivers are all you need, you shouldn't have to install anything. If your using Windows XP it should be plug and play ;)

PS heres the users guide
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4FGPE7

Demont said:
They carried it in for you people? bah. I came home and it was sitting on my front steps getting rained on.

The buttons to the left and right of the menu button control brightness and contrast directly if you are not already in the menu.

I just noticed my monitor has several very tiny black specs on it... seems I can scrape them off with my fingernail but cleaning with alcohol and a rag cannot defeat them. Anyone else have anything like that?

[edit] Spanko as long as it says Plug and Play Monitor on [your videocard] in Display Properties > Settings tab it should be fine. Windows XP should be able to do this by default.

Poor Demont, First the rain and now black specks.....Try using some Goo Gone or carefully use a razor blade, but seeing the way things have been going for you I suggest Goo Gone and stay the heck away from sharp objects :)

Silversinksam said:
Poor Demont, First the rain and now black specks.....Try using some Goo Gone or carefully use a razor blade, but seeing the way things have been going for you I suggest Goo Gone and stay the heck away from sharp objects :)

Ah, the true purpose of a forum, to whine about your problems and daily inconvienances and then have people give you **** about it. ;)

Thanks for the guide link & cleaning tip.

well it works fine and says plug and play but id like the drivers for refresh rate, if i could find a page the specified the max refresh rate for each res then i could ovverride it but alls i can find is the max for 1600x1200 =/

Demont said:
I'm sure you know not to use windex or glass cleaner! Googone is safe on the antireflective coat. Are tou sure they are not white spots?:eek: :eek: :D :D

DarkNight said:

I'm sure you know not to use windex or glass cleaner! Googone is safe on the antireflective coat. Are tou sure they are not white spots?:eek: :eek: :D :D

LOL, Ok can you show me a link where it says not to use Glass cleaner, I'd like to read this as I've been using Windex for years on my CRT's :eek:

I guess you learn something new every day, please enlighten me on this...

Yea, and The white stuff on the monitor will make you blind! Appearantly you can still see a good deal when it's in front of you! keep up the good work!:thup:

I got mine from this guy on ebay for $265 shipped! It can quickly and in perfect condition as described. This is probably the best upgrade I have ever made. Now if I could only afford a second one to run as monitor #2 :eek:

Hey Guys,

Now that you have had this monitor for a little while, what do you think of it?

I've been wanting to buy one, but I've never bought a refurbished monitor before, and I don't know what to expect.

When you received your monitor, did it have any image burn-in or screen scratches? Any problems with geometry, convergence, colors or other performancce issues? I don't mind cosmetic defects in the case, and I don't expect a perfect monitor, but I would like to get a better idea of what condition these might be in.

Its hard buying something sight unseen, and thats where your feedback would come in mighty handy.

So, are you guys pretty happy with your new monitors?

Thanks,

Randall

Back