• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Black P260 21" Monito Refubished $225+$60 shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Demont said:
In 1024x768 it only shows 100hz and 120hz if I uncheck "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display"

That is very odd because even with my ti4600 I could run 120mhz at 1024x768 and it was not in the Hide mode that monitor cannot display, it was a supported resolution.

The P260 color monitors are designed to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal that falls within the specifications below:
Maximum addressability (pels): 1920 x 1440
Maximum pixel rate (Mpels/sec): 300
Horizontal frequency (kHz): 30 - 121
Vertical frequency (Hz): 50 - 160

When viewing a white background, two very thin horizontal lines may be visible across the screen. These lines are the faint shadows of the aperture grille damper wires and are characteristic of this technology. The monitor is not faulty.

Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software.

File downloads (probably not needed)
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4VPS2T

PDF users guide (GOOD to read if you bought this)
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4FGPE7

I went for 100hz, it seems to be working fine, if I check the monitor menu it confirms that refresh rate is in fact being used.

You can see the lines on pretty much any background I think, I can see them now even on the dark colors of this forum... but I have to look for them, they don't jump out.

If you would just STOP BRINGING THEM UP I would forget and they wouldn't bother me. ;)

Silversinksam said:

LMAO, Hey at least you can see them and this means you have good vision and don't need Glasses :p

No, it means I don't have to update my prescription! Need new frames though, these are all held together with tape. :D

I have had a sony before. I knew and expected the lines. My settings don't show over 80. Windows sees it a generic display. As long as the monitor supports it everything should be fine.

It arrived with no scratches on the glass. There was one small blemish near a corner on the plastic. I have no complaints! It's 21" and Size does matter! I guess all my old girlfriends were nice when they made up all those other reasons to dump me:cry:hehe.

Load a fourms page an stand back 10 feet. If you can't read it make an appointment!

Last edited:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

subliminal message for Demont

Last edited:
DarkNight said:

subliminal message for Demont

When poor Demont breaks and ends up in the looney bin, posts like this will be the reason why :p :D

Pretty funny tho :)

Look for Dell p1110 's also, they have the older sony tubes are look great. my friend gave me his and It was Brand new!

thinking about getting another.. 1280x1024 100hz :|

dell p1110 come in beiege and Black, and can be bought at computer shows for as low as 191, and online around 190-250.

Also, The HP p1130 has the same tube, but the FD one.. there found on ebay between 250~375, even better monitor

:beer:

Silversinksam said:

When poor Demont breaks and ends up in the looney bin, posts like this will be the reason why :p :D

Pretty funny tho :)

The only thing that keeps me going is my friends' insane jealousy.

Good one, darknight. ;)

Silversinksam said:

I can only say one thing bad about this monitor (a Sony tube thing) If you hit the Reply to this message and scroll really slowly, you will notice two hard to see lines that are horizontal. This can only be seen on white backgrounds.

Actually any aperture grill monitor has this...those are the wires holding the grill up. You don't see them in "lesser" monitors becuase cheapo monitors typically use shadow mask which is not as sharp (but does not have the lines)

I also have a 17" viewsonic non-sony tube with the aperture grill wires.

Personally I don't mind them, but I know it drives some people nuts! the only thing I can't handle are dead pixels in LCDs.

I found you guys $15-$35($35 is the Buy it now prices) 17" monitors from a reliable seller

Option 1:
The downside is its a .28 dot pitch, the good news is its $15 to $35

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3695&item=2762400904

Option 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3695&item=2762374518

Option 3:
The downside is its a .27 dot pitch, the good news is its $15 to $35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3695&item=2762376078

Option 4:

Compaq V70
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3695&item=2762407520

Option 5 (I saved the best for last)
TTX-5100 9" mini size SVGA

The Downside is it starts at $20 and the buy it now is $59
The good news is this is neat for a home security or whatever as I have never seen a 9" Crt before :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11194&item=2762356781

ca_1.JPG

This is interesting, At Overstock.com you can buy this exact (factory reconditioned) monitor for $299.99 +$1 shipping, But here's where the deal I posted is much better.

The warranty at Overstock.com is 30 days - and the warranty is by Overstock.com, If you buy the monitor from the vendor I posted, you get a 1 year warranty. Granted you can get a 2 year warraty provided by Overstock.com/VAC for $23.99 but the warranty is complicated and involves milage calculations and possible shipping fees.

I saw one of those 9" ones at a marketpro show last month. Kinda cool but for the price I was not sure what I would do with it.
As an eyedoctor I would like to reccomend everyone switch over to these as they are much better for your eyes.:rolleyes:

I am seriously thinking about buying one of these, but am a bit worried.

I checked resellerratings and surfplus didn't have any feedback - is this a reputable seller? They also take paypal, I haven't heard of companies doing that before.

Also, I don't really know the typical shelf life of a monitor, how long do they usually last and how old are these refurbished ones? I don't want to spend $300 to have a dead monitor in a year and a half.

Thanks if anyone can offer any more input on this subject.

Albigger said:
I am seriously thinking about buying one of these, but am a bit worried.

I checked resellerratings and surfplus didn't have any feedback - is this a reputable seller? They also take paypal, I haven't heard of companies doing that before.

Also, I don't really know the typical shelf life of a monitor, how long do they usually last and how old are these refurbished ones? I don't want to spend $300 to have a dead monitor in a year and a half.

Thanks if anyone can offer any more input on this subject.

I bought one from Surfplus last year, and I wouldn't post a deal here if I wouldn't buy one myself, but I did and he's a good vendor.

DarkNight said:

As an eyedoctor I would like to reccomend everyone switch over to these as they are much better for your eyes.:rolleyes:

And you call yourself an Optometrist, thats bad advise, A GOOD Optometrist would tell his clients to buy that 9" monitor and run the refresh rate at 20mhz or less. You will then be FLOODED with people that will need eye exams and eyewear prescriptions :p :cool:

And you call yourself an Optometrist, thats bad advise, A GOOD Optometrist would tell his clients to buy that 9" monitor and run the refresh rate at 20mhz or less. You will then be FLOODED with people that will need eye exams and eyewear prescriptions
Your right! I also forgot to include using 1200x1600 resolution!!

The monitor I just bought came from surfnet and I paid with paypall. All went well.

DarkNight said:

You forgot to include using 1200x1600 res!!

The monitor I just bought came from surfnet and I paid with paypall. All went well.

If you set that 9" monitor to 1600 x 1200 it would probably blow up and you would lose a client, thats why I didnt suggest that :p

Seriously, So how's the monitor working out for you?

Back