• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBT Freezing computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batguerra

I'm trying to do the IBT test in high or very high but after a few second my FX 8350 overclocked at 4.8ghz temps are INCREDIBLY low, like -4 or 5 degrees @_@ and then the computer freezes, can't even move mouse, is that part of the test? Watercooler is a H100i.

Have you learned how to overclock from the other thread you posted
Freeze is more likely from overclock being unstable

yes I'm learning,i've raised voltage and nv voltage a bit and it's not crashing randomly, but teh test still makes the computer freeze after reaching -5 degrees.

-5c cannot be a real temp reading. That is below freezing so unless you are running this computer during a winter cold snap outdoors then that is not to be taken seriously. There are many things that can cause instability when overclocking. High temps, CPU voltage too low, NB, HT Link and Ram frequency being too high are among them. We have very little info about your settings at this point. It would be helpful if you would attach pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD to your next post. Do you know how to attach pics?

Back