• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBt vs Linx - Not the same thing I think!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Category 5

Anyone have any ideas why IBT would fail on the second pass EVERY time (even when i lowered everything to stock) but I can pass Linx with ALL setting at 3.7 for hours on end? Wondering if they are really the same thing!

Is it for sure IBT=Linx=OCCT Linpack?

I can P95 all day and night too. I am really starting to hate these i7s for overclocking! o matter what i do I seem to get 95% stable and that extra 5% is killing me!!!!!!!!!

Im all of these stable ... IF you fail its cause there is something. But did you tried "reinstalling" ITB with a diferent downloaded file ? maybe its software related.

or your not 100% stable ;0

Try OCCT Linpack then. :D
If you're stable in p95 I'd say to relax, you're OK. Frankly I prefer LinX over IBT. :p

Try OCCT Linpack then. :D
If you're stable in p95 I'd say to relax, you're OK. Frankly I prefer LinX over IBT. :p

Stale for hours on end in OCCT linpack too. It's just IBT but I have been gettig ocassional BSODs too.

Yet i pass the known stability tests

Fresh install of Win7 - pass all of the above except IBT. Even at stock speeds. Hmmmm....

Then I find this

"Someone on Corsair Support Forum told me to set IBT to run 16 threads because there is some kinda problem when you select 8 threads... or at least this is what he told me... I was kinda suspicious about all this, as I thought I would only need to have 8 threads running on my CPU...

Anyway, I tried this out, and sure enough, it worked like a charm, and my system passes the test no sweat!!! "

-and all is well. If I select 8 threads it fails on the second pass always. anything else and it's perpetual success!

IBT is flawed. Trash it and use linpack, occt and prime instead!

Back