• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC Diamond thermal compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperScrilla

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has ever use this or has any experience with it. was thinking about trying it out wanted to know if it was good or not ive seen alot of reviews online where people state it is very good giving 3-6c lower temps over mx-3/4 or other top competitors

I tried it myself and it was an excellent TIM. But, for the price, I prefer GC-2 from GELiD. It's way cheaper and almost all "high performance" TIMs have almost the same performance, or 2-3C of difference. (That, at least for me do not matter, I won't let my system run at 70C nor 67C)

Yeah, I've used it in the past and it gave good performance. But I had a problem with it taking off the labeling on the IHS to where you couldn't read the model number and stuff on the IHS. Diamond is 1 hell of a good lapping material.

Excuse my ignorance but whats an IHS? And i was lookin at it cause ive read so much about it being better and im about to swap the cpu in my laptop going. From a 35tdp to a 45tdp and i truly believe the stock fan and heatsink will handle it just fine but i wanna make any extra improvements i can and i dont know if you can get a better fan for it not Maybe i should look into that

IHS is integrated Heat Sink, or the Grey part around a Desktop Processor.

With a Laptop chip you will not need to worry about the IHS as they do not have one. You will apply the TIM directly to the Core

Ive heard that its the sythentic diamond peices In it that just scratch the lettering off when applying Or removing it i dont believe its any chemicals in the paste itself

I went for the IC Diamond.
It performs aswell as, if not better than, the majority of high performance thermal pastes.

The bonus is it's non-conductible.
I've plonked it on my North Bridge and CPU.

Put it in a cup of hot water for 5mins before you apply it.

Top stuff!

Last edited:
Like does it matter if when i apply the paste if it runs off the core? And which method would you recommend smeering it on the core yourself or put a pea sizes drop and letting the heatsink spread it out

That shows a bead on an IHS which looks alot bigger than the actual core on my
Cpu compression is how i initially planned on doin but if i put a bead that big on it seems like alot would overflow off the core onto the green part of the cpu.i just wanna make sure it wont hurt anyting oh and i also heard the you should
Let the bead sit for 10 minutes to let the solvent in it evaporate Sorry if it seems like a stupid question i just had a wisdom tooth pulled 30 minutes ago so my brain isnt workin correctly

It will be fine if it does it went over on the cores of my GPUs and there good.

Just make a bead about 1/4 the size of the core right in the middle and it should spread fine.

Back