• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICS and Asus A8N-SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_pun

Registered
ok here's the setup,

cable modem goes to the asus board, the second nic card goes to a hub, and 2 other computers are plugged into that.

1) file and printer sharing works on all 3 computers, can see all 3 computers from each computer. that's good.

2) internet works on the asus machine, but not on the other 2, ICS is enabled on the card with the internet connection. I've had this set up easily on my other system, so this should work.

3) the box advertises a built in firewall, but never installed the software for it, so i'm assuming it's off.

i try to renew the ip's, but keep gettin a DHCP error.. so the only thing i can see, is the cable and the network card just aren't talkin to each other.

I got my new K8N-E Deluxe and the onboard 10/100/1000 gives me nothing but problems with the lame Forceware Firewall. I thought i could avoid it by not having the software, but the firewall will remain.
I managed to rename a profile and get the "off" profile to load but it still gave me repeated bootings from AIM/MSN/YIM, and games. As soon as I popped in my good old Netgear card, everything ran fine.

I really think it's something nVidia needs to sort out, I would like to use my gigabit, but I can't with the nForce firewall which seems to only burn me.
IMO, slap in another card and use that for now or just wait it out for nVidia to fix this.

actually got this fixed, turns out it wasn't the nvidia gigabit card that was the problem, it was the marvel card, downloaded updated driver from windows update, didn't work, found one on asus's site and after trying about 6 times, it finnally let me download it, installed driver, network works like it should, still havn't installed the firewall.

ps. anyone else have probs downloading or even surfing asus website? i seem to get alot of server busy errors, or 404's, i could see 404's from discontinued stuff.. but for brand new... just seems like they have lazy people over there..

Back