• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ideal Budget Home Speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ereos

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers just for Home use but I do like some quality in the speakers as I have a Logitech 2.1 230 but they've defected since one of the speakers do not work now
I would say my budget runs around £50-80 (yeah kinda low but if it comes to that I wouldn't mind spending abit more)

I listen to music with loud bass and since I'm on a budget I'm roughly on a pretty low budget due to financial problems, I'm still doing some research but at the moment I have my eyes set at these speakers:
Ideally looking at bookshelf speakers or something along the case but anything that's good would be nice

• Akai RPM3
  • M-Audio 30/40
  • Hercules 2.0 60
  • Edifier R1900TII
  • Wharfedale 9.1 Diamond
  • Microlab FC730 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
  • MicroLab Solo 6C
  • Behringer MS16

Powered Monitors ? like Studio Monitors?

Yes. Keep in mind without a sub you will not get great bass response, although they will sound sweet otherwise. If you can get 6"+ sized studio monitors you might get enough bass out of them you won't miss the sub as much.

Since your budget is roughly $125 USD, you might want to consider buying used. I cant think of any powered monitors off the top of my head that are great bang for the buck at that price point. Hopefully somebody chimes in with something good.

Since your budget is roughly $125 USD, you might want to consider buying used. I cant think of any powered monitors off the top of my head that are great bang for the buck at that price point. Hopefully somebody chimes in with something good.

How about the ones I listed any of them I don't mind the same price range like say $150

^^^ The point Barton is making is that your budget is rather low for getting into the next tier of decent speaker solutions. He's right that you might find something used within your budget that would normally cost $400 which would get you into that entry level audiophile grade speaker.

If you do decide to go with passive speakers, does this budget also include an amplifier? There are some very impressive amps you can get for cheap, that are perfect for desktop use. They wont rock your socks off in a large room with a further listening distance, but for nearfield use, youll be hard pressed to find something that good for the money. Im talking about T-amps of course. Do a little googling, there are many impressive ones out there. I paid ~$50 USD for mine, and use it with a pair of cheap Insignia NS-B111 bookshelf speakers. Its a great system for the $100 or so I have into it.

Back