• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 10 for W7 anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hm.... why does it say Release Preview - people may think it is an old Beta...

Are you using it?
Don't know about the beta.
I think it's just been released for download this month.
Is there a thread on this already?

Using it now. :) IE 10 was one of the things I liked about Windows 8. It feels more "responsive" , snappier. Especially since Waterfox seems to have developed an odd quirk in the last couple days.

The download appears to be for
version 10.0.9200.16438
whereas I just checked and
version 10.0.9200.16384
is installed on a Windows 8 laptop.

This means that the download link is an even newer final version of Internet Explorer 10.

Why the use of the term "Release Preview" then? Is it me, or does that not make you think "test version" or "beta version," which it obviously isn't - it's IE 10 Final.

At any rate, it installs under Windows 7 or later only, no Vista or earlier.

As to the poster above regarding Firefox, you need to have a custom location of your personal Firefox folder which you need to back up. Something goes wrong like you describe? Delete the folder and copy-paste your backup folder - problem solved in seconds.

This also allows you to quickly experiment by uninstalling Add-ons to see which one (if any) are causing problems.

Just because the version number is higher than the version on w8 doesn't mean it the "final version". I mean if you take a look at beta drivers from nvidia they are always a higher version than the released drivers.

The IE10 release for Win7 is Pre-Release. The IE team hasn't yet given a release date for the final build. As far as how well it's working w/ the x64 version of Win7, it seems to be working fine on my end and I'm liking it OK.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
That version 16438 is a later build than 16384, which is what is on a brand new Windows 8 laptop. So final build for Win8 is different from final build for Win7?

I am assuming that just like with previous IE versions, once installed you cannot go back to previous version of IE, unless you imaged your OS partition?

Since IE10 is installed as an update, it can be uninstalled through Installed Updates, which will then restore the previous version...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 52
Back