• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE doesn't allow access to YouTube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnbrabant

Hi All:

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I am not posting correctly. I have had a chronic problem with my Acer Aspire laptop that I bought this year. It had Internet Explorer 9 on it originally. It wouldn't work after a time and I ended up spening $150 on a contract with a company from India (Acer referred me to them) to debug the software. I have been given 5 attempts to fix problems on my laptop. I have consumed 3 and every time they fix it, within a week ( I don't use my laptop every day so it is sometimes a few days between uses) I have the same problem back again. The problem is that it does not allow me to load YouTube fully. I get to the page, but there is an advert banner at the top that doesn't fully load when the problem occurs and the page just locks in the load mode. Among other things this contracted softward debug company did was load an IE9 after stripping IE9 off of it and replacing it with an older version (IE8?). I am desparately looking for help on figuring out what is going on with this software problem. Any advice would be much appreciated. thank you. -John

John, I don't have any idea's of how to fix the IE9 but have you tried any other browsers such as mozilla firefox or google crome?

Back