• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you bought Q6600 OEM from newegg. Please look!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyguy

Can a few people give me a CPU-Z picture of it or even text to see the Revision and if is an ES (Engineering Sample).

Thank you so much!

Well i am trying to find a G0 that is an ES. Is there any easy way I can do that?

You cannot buy any ES CPU's from any store (online or B&M) at all, ES are engineering samples issued by Intel internal engineers to run certain tests, it is NEVER sold via retail.

Ok, thanks for helping me figure that out. But, what about G0 s, how do you get those? I know they come in B3 and G0, G0 I hear is very stable even at a high FSB.

Ok, thanks for helping me figure that out. But, what about G0 s, how do you get those? I know they come in B3 and G0, G0 I hear is very stable even at a high FSB.

Most stores nowday's have GO. GO is just a revision, and it is superior to B3, but just remember that not all processors clock the same

Most likely yes

but that doesnt mean as much anymore. there are better g0s then others. Best bet is to find some good batch numbers and look for ebayers that list those specs... use whatever discounts you can and rock the house ;)

Beware of ES's. They are not all the golden ones, but some certainly are, just like retail chips. Also unless Intel has changed there policy's they technically still own all ES chips, they just lend them out and never really ask for them back. But they are not supposed to be sold.

Back