• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you have an Asus P8Z77-V pro + intel 3570k+ Win8pro x64 please post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jojo2013

I'm having 2 problem with this mobo. In administrative event viewer I get these 2 errors. Asus p8z77-v pro
Event id 13<---I get this every 1 or 2 days
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Event id 137---->I get this every time I put the PC to sleep
The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

If you don't see these errors could you tell me:
1. What BIOS version you're using?
2. What is the EC and ME version in the BIOS? You can see it in the time & date settings.
3. Are you using secure boot?
4. What chipset driver are you using?

I have posted this issue in other forums. I only got responds from 2 p8z77v users. I need a respond from a p8z77v-pro users.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31990-P8Z77-V-...

Does the EXACT mobo really matter in this case since others use the same functionality?

It does. I want to know if it's a bug with the BIOS. I got 2 replies about the ACPI from non pro p8z77v user. I only have 16gb ram, 3570K and 6 storage drives installed. I have checked ram for defects and did a clean install of win8. These still exist so it's either my mobo is defective or it's a software bug. I'm using official drivers. If there's a bug with the drivers then there should be users complaining about it regardless of the Mobo used. Google didn't turn up any results. I'm out of options. I need feedback from a p8z77v-pro user about the 2 issue.

Back