• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED iGame gtx 1070 vulcan x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent_Assassin

Registered
Hi guys
I recently got an iGame gtx 1070 vulcan x but it doesnt pick up in windows/bios.
It does power on. I kno that cause it has a small screen on it n that there powers on but it doesn't get detected. My main monitor which this is connected to stays off when I on my pc. My secondary monitor comes on coz it's running of igd n when I tried checking under device manager it doesn't pick up my gpu.
Any help will be appreciated Image.jpg

Fixing hardware

Hi guys
I wanted to know if it is possible to fix damage like this(pictured below) on a gpu? IMG_20210411_122736.jpg

Enable graphics from pcie? Does the bios see the card?

Bad gpu? Try it another pc amd see if it acts the same.

What have you tried so far??

Figured it was a bad gpu
Opened it up and checked there was burn damage
Made another post asking if it can be fixed

[emoji853] I was so hoping that it could be fixed
Coz it would have been a huge upgrade to my system
From a gt 1030 to gtx 1070

Any idea why the display on the gpu itself works still?
Or is it just like a fan
It comes on when there is power?

Because it has power, yes.

That's the same gpu???? For Pete's sake man... that info would have been valuable to have in this thread...:-/. Why two threads on the same subject??

As I said in the other thread, it's likely repairable...I'm also likely merging these threads...

Tried both... Doesn't display at all... Not even in bios... Gpu is bad
U replied to my other post... I posted a pic of this gpu with some burnt circuitry.

Oki
Really sorry
I opened the gpu up today n I made the first thread yesterday
So I might be able to repair it?
Is there anything I can do on my own to repair it or do I have to take it to a shop to get it repaired?

I opened the gpu up today n I made the first thread yesterday
Still, just add the image into the thread with another post. It's all about your broken gpu, right? :)

So I might be able to repair it?
Is there anything I can do on my own to repair it or do I have to take it to a shop to get it repaired?
You personally?? I highly doubt it. You don't have the tools nor expertise to do so (I dont either).

As I said already, that thing is likely not repairable regardless if it's you or a pro. The cost is likely high too with no guarantee it could work after the repair. Who knows if that damage took anything else down with it.

It was supposed to be working when you bought it? If so, return that thing... I cant imagine it ever worked, but am unclear on how you got this... was it too cheap to be true???

Still, just add the image into the thread with another post. It's all about your broken gpu, right? :)

Yea oki... Will do next time

You personally?? I highly doubt it. You don't have the tools nor expertise to do so (I dont either).

As I said already, that thing is likely not repairable regardless if it's you or a pro. The cost is likely high too with no guarantee it could work after the repair. Who knows if that damage took anything else down with it.

Ah oki

It was supposed to be working when you bought it? If so, return that thing... I cant imagine it ever worked, but am unclear on how you got this... was it too cheap to be true???

I didn't buy it... Someone gave it to me for free... It wasn't wasn't working by him... He said it powers on n I could try to see if I could somehow get it to work and use it
Thnx for ur help bud

Back