• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Illinois Lan Party - Bitfission.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePCGuy

Hello everyone, I host a lan-party called Bitfission every other month. Our last and first official event was Nov 1st. Our next date is January 3rd, 2004. We're located in Braidwood, IL which is roughly 45minutes south of Chicago on I-55. Our last event consisted of just open games of Battlefield 1942 + Desert Combat, Counterstrike v1.5, UT2k3, the usual lan games. Oh yeah, and a little PVK half-life mod (check it out, hilarious). Our next event will have tournaments in Battlefield 1942 + Desert Combat, CS 1.5 & 1.6, and UT2k3. Let me give you a basic rundown of our facility:

- The Hall has the capacity for about 60-80 people.
- Network consists of a 10/100 extended star switched setup. We can handle up to 140 wired clients, and 32 wireless (g or b) clients. As you can see, network connectivity isn't an issue ;).
- We have a single dedicated game server with enough "oomph" to run a 64 player battlefield 1942 server, and basically anything else for that matter :). A complete list of games that are available to play are listed on our site - www.bitfission.com.
- The event starts at 8am on January 3rd, 2004 at 8am and ends on January 4th, 2004 at 2am. There are local hotels in the area for lodging if necessary.
- The cost of the event is $18.00 (if pre-registering through paypal), or $25.00 at the door. This covers your entrance fee and fountain drinks for the event. Food is the responsibility of the attendees.

- This event is a BYOC (bring your own computer) event, tables, chairs, one network port, and one power outlet (bring a powerstrip) are available for your use. A complete checklist can be found at www.bitfission.com.

- If you have a gameserver you'd like to bring contact us at [email protected] and let us know so we can prepare for you.

- Any questions or comments can be answered by sending an email to [email protected]. Hope to see some O/C'ers there ;). Have a great day.

hmm thats about 2 hours from where I live.. Too bad Im in Florida and dont get home till around midnight on the 3rd... I just miss it... Sounds like a blast though :(.

I appreciate the replies, Note taken Surfeit00, we're actually sponsored by bawls, so we should have a couple cases available there. Remember that this lanparty is formed by the people that attend the lanparty and give us input. If you have any ideas, thoughts, be sure to tell us about them so we don't overlook anything. Great to hear from everyone.

- Jim

I am kinda familiar with the area , thats by Painfield right?
I am at 80/94 and Torrence Ave in Lansing .
This sounds like a good time , I might see and if I can get a few more going .
/me rembers to practice BF

Plainfield is about 20 min north of this area. The address is:

275 S. Hickory St.
Braidwood, IL 60408

If you have trouble with yahoo maps simply put in S. Hickory St. instead of 275. The town hasn't decided if the place is 275 or 175. Its right off the expressway though, so its not hard to find. Practice all you want, all I do is fly the helicopters ;).

Sounds good to me might try and make it down. Just one small question tho the entrance fee is that per person or what. Cause my wife will be with me put she is not a gamer.

The cost is per gamer/computer, hopefully no-one abuses that ;) but you get the idea, I apologize for not addressing that previously, you are more than welcome to bring someone with you. We don't have an internet connection currently, so be sure to bring something to entertain her. Hope to see you there Klownin79.

- Jim

Anyone have any other ideas of where to post this at Overclockers.com? Thanks for all the input so far.

- Jim

Back