• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm looking for a Cell Phone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_15

Drunken Master JNCIE Senior
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a new cell phone. My family has the Verizon FamilyShare Plan and I am thinking getting an extra line so I can have my own phone. I am looking for a nice Cell Phone that is somewhere between the $100-$150 range that meets these criteria:

Clamshell Design
Color Screen
Text Messaging
Compatible with Verizon's Network

Optional: Video and Picture Capture (not necessary, but kind of cool if it does have it)

I was taking a look at the LG VX7000. What do you guys think? If you don't like it, what do you think would be better?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: What accessories would you recommend as well?

Samsung a670 is what I picked over the LG, and I love it. I just don't like the LGs, they feel cheap to me, and I really liked the outer screen on the a670.

I bought it back in August, but I think now they are offering it as their main inexpensive phone, so you should be able to get it for a cheap price.

I own the LG VX6000, looks pretty similar to the LG VX6100 on the verison site (mines US Cellular).

I love my phone, has nice features, guess only downside I can come up with is that my onboard memory for storeing programs is relativley small at 1.5MB So I can only have maybe 3 games on my phone at a time (and since they cost money to buy its not like you'd want to delete them anytime soon).

Oh accessories I got a spare headseat, and a car charger. I use my good headset I bought at home, and if im going on a trip and leave the original one that came with the phone in the car, with the charger. The original handfree thing isn't bad but its quiet, and it muffles your voice quiet a bit on it. You can really tell the difference.

Mine I have to use med-high to high volume with the one it came with. And the headset I bought I use med-low volume on it like I would if I was talking with just the phone.

Battery lasts a decent amount of time so I wouldn't worry about that. Only thing I can think possibly getting would be a cover for the phone.

I've had for about a month an LG VX3200 (my first cell phone). It has a clamshell design, color screen, SMS (text messaging) and works with verizon's network. It also seems to have decent reception. It doesn't have many extra features thrown in, which I like. I have a headset and car charger for it, along with a "lamb skin" case. I don't really like the case, but the headset is nice. It also seems to have decent battery life, it eaisly goes a whole day with only a tiny dip in battery power, but I almost never use it.

Back