• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im looking for someone knowledgeable on a ASUS rog Maximus IX Formula. finishing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Im needing help on how to set this board up properly, ive got the last part for my finished build.. and i dont know which is the proper port for NVME, would like to try optane memory, and the proper way to set up my PC for an NVME drive/everything else. I cannot find much on this board at all.

From what I read both M.2 are PCIe3 but one will also accommodate SATA based M.2 drives. If your M.2 is PCIe based then I don't think it will matter which you use

yeah, I have it standing up.. Im wondering if thats bootable, I wonder why the stand up m.2_2 port takes away port5-6 sata and the m.2_1 port under the armor on the board only takes away the sata 1 port.

I was reading about disabling CSM. I wish I could make this boot lol. Im so lost.

So you can't see it in BIOS, can't install on to it or both?

Thought optane only benefits from caching hdd...not sure it will do much on an nvme based drive.

Thought optane only benefits from caching hdd...not sure it will do much on an nvme based drive.

Yup... On a regular SATA SSD, Optane is only noticeable in a synthetic benchmark. A PCIE NVME is faster so the return even less.

Results start at 6 mins in.

I really wish I could find some graphs instead of shilling LTT..... :rain:

Back