• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm never buying a x800 again........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bigswede2 said:
Lets hope they send me xt in disguise again.

why? so you can fry another one? get the hint man... it's not worth the headache and the stress. i'm not against flashing your card, or hardware in general, but you should really have learned a leason from all this....

what did you do with the second card that died after opening the 4 pipes?

I understand that you were angry, because many guys here do way more dangerous things to their cards and live to tell the tale..

bigswede2 said:
the company i brought the card from contacted me today and said they will replace my fried x800pro card even though i had opened up the extra 4 pipes, dont ask me why I didnt ask them I just said thank you very much. Lets hope they send me xt in disguise again.

and this time, for the love of god, leave those 4 pipes locked! :mad: :argue:

I opened the extra 4 pipes then i fleshed it back to pro speeds and left it like that it died 2 weeks later BUT I think the problem with both cards was that my vga silencer ver3 didnt fit 100% because both cards died while playing doom3 my temps were ok @ idle 40c but when I played doom3 the temps went up a lot how much I'm not sure dut when i exit doom3 they were about 60c i think now with the ver4 ati silencer on, the temps are 35 idle and when I exit doom3 the temp is 48c so I'm not expecting any trouble with this card .

I'm not goimg to o/c or open the extra pipes on this card. This card is a connect 3d I'll be getting a new powercolor x800 pro next week when they send it to me, I'll see if it is a vivo if it is I'll keep it if its a pro I'll sell it.

why sell it if your not gonna open the pipes? it wouldnt matter what you got since you wont oc(and shouldnt) it wont matter with a cpu bottleneck but just kill cards

apu318 said:
I dont hate to say it. Powercolour is the WORST company ever. if you look around on the net hard enough, youll find an article of a powercolour 9600XT catching FIRE IN the case.

i googled for it and no luck, id love to see that tough, any chance you help me with that link man?

i must accept i also hate powercolor, but im so hard headed that i would try the x800 vivo softmod with a good vga cooler even tough my $300 powercolor gf3 died on me.

im also on bigswede2 side, not on the blame side but on the stubborn side. I mean, he messed up 2 times and accepted he did, he learned his lesson what if he does it right the third?? i wish you luck man

after all, everything, included overclocking, is mostly try and fail isnt it? this is just the case... with a little pissy dude tho hehehe

Never send anything back that looks worked on/modded. Never send anything back that has an alternatate bios on it. I would even clean mine up with compressed air so it looks new-in-box. But then I would'nt send back a card I ruined by violating warranty agreement and since I mod everything I've never RMA'd anything.

Meh just bad luck you got bro.

Thats a good idea I think I'll contact id software and demand 2 new x800pro cards................

Back