• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Stoked!!! Kinda??? Need Help!! My First AXIA 1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAWS

I'm Stoked!!! Kinda??? Need Help!! My First AXIA 1.2

I went down to my local computer shop and finally broke down and bought a Tbird 1.2 266. I was very impressed when I asked for the AXIA and got it. I looked it over and noticed that the L1 bridges were unlocked, Yes, two for one! I guess what I am asking, "Can I get this over 1.4?" I had it stable at 10x140/35 while writing this post the first time and it locked up, so I'm running stock right now. I went to the cpu database and printed out almost every setting there was. I guess it's safe to say I'm somewhat disappointed. I don't understand why I can't use like a
10.5x138 or 11x133 or any setting to get over the 1.4 hump. I bought a brand new p/s, (enermax 350) new crucial pc133 cas2 ram, and a CAK38, just to name a few! Do I need to adjust some of my bios settings, or upgrade my bios to zt? My temps are 35C, so that's not the problem. This is the first cpu that I have had with 266fsb.

Do you have to adjust for this setting. Or is my only hope for the dreaded KT7A voltage mod. I have had my system clock up to 142, so I know my ram can handle some of these settings that are not working. If I leaving out any important info out, please
let me know. Sorry one more thing, I had a Duron overclocked to 943 before my Tbird and after installing the1.2 gig, I can hardly see a difference in boot up time.

Will the real performance be in applications and gaming?

Last edited:
that entermax isnt cutting it bro

on that power supply the 5 volt/12 volt combined is lower than what the chip really need
for a t bird 1.4 it consumes 180 watts and that power supply dont do but about 155 watts RMS on those voltages

not enough power brother

get a 400 watter or bigger

the bigger the better

and only use antec or entermax....there really the best for the money

> get a 400 watter or bigger

My Antec 300 watt has no problem running my 1.2 Tbird AVIA at 1400+ Mhz. I even have 6 additional 80mm case fans running. I don't seem to be having any power related problems.

Did you try raising the VCORE? I didn't see you mention it in your post. If not, bump it up some, but be careful as it also will make your temps go up. Good luck.

Fiz

If you went to 3.9 that was your I/O voltage. That controls your 3.3 voltage (pci/agp/etc)

Sorry about that. I have my vcore maxed out at the
1.85 volts. I was just studying on how to do the voltage
mod.

o, ok, you may try bumping up to bios rev. r or r+ this is supposed to help with stability issues of 133 fsb based athlons. Also, you will find that these bioses will raise your IDLE temp by a couple degrees. And if all else fails, the voltage mod is a winner.

I've got a 1.2 gig AXIA "Y" and can't get into windows with any higher then around 1420 or so. anything higher then 1470 and the system wont even post. I'm also stuck with having my voltage maxed out at 1.85 and I can't adjust my I\O voltage on my board. But I'm pretty new at this AMD stuff so I'm still working out the bugs and getting familiar with the settings yet. Right now I'm staying at 1.333 due to temps being a little warm for my taste. But once I get that worked out LOOK OUT BABY!

I feel the same way, maybe I should just calm down and just work with what I have. It was a pretty big jump for me from
Duron to Tbird. Thanks for the bios suggestion, I'll have to
try! I haven't tried any games yet. Do you think I will see a
big difference in performance?

Back