• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Stumped, no post, upgraded mobo/cpu/ram/psu still no post ack!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks all.

One thing I don't like about the liquid cooler, I can't see or verify that it's actually circulating coolant, as bad as no cooler, so for all I know I have a specialty rig for melting expensive cpu's. I think I'll need to trek to best buy again to pick up an air cooler before trying anything else.

Take mb out of case place on mb box , only connect GPU 1stick of ram and PSU . Can you get into bios?

Are you sure you plugged in the PW and reset switchable right ? If you jump with a screw driver does it boot?

Can you test the monitor and cable on a different working system?

Ok, update. Working with the new system, for it has the cooler on the cpu, mobo removed from case, resting on cardboard.

It has a power button on the mobo, so no need to jump or problems with incorrect pins.

On-board GPU, so I have hdmi to monitor, no dedicated GPU.

I've tried two memory sticks in slot 1, same result.

I turn on the PSU and the mobo flashes white and the onboard power button illuminates red. I press that button and the fans/board lights up as to start for maybe 5 or so seconds then all shuts off for about 3 seconds then on again for maybe 5 seconds then just trips instant off/on every five seconds or so indefinitely. I'm still stumped. I can't keep buying all new hardware here. BTW this morning is with the old PSU with the mobo alone on the cardboard box as suggested, same behavior as with new PSU with all mounted in the new case.

I must be doing something wrong, but what?

Yes, CPU fan header is occupied by the 115i cooler.

I did just notice something, that is when I turn it on there is a red led illuminated which is labeled CPU. Now I'm wondering if that means cpu is bad or good or what.

Ok I feel stupid. I knew it had to be something I was doing wrong. Been a long time since build, I thought the 24pin PSU connector covered all the power, didn't realize SEPARATE 8 pin connector for CPU power, Duh! Plugged in the CPU power and now it goes right into BIOS. I knew it had to be something simple but damn now I feel really stupid haha. I wonder how many people in all of these posts I found without solutions were just too embarrassed to admit they had neglected the discrete CPU power connector.

Thanks for all the helpful intent!

I thought about the 8 pin power connector but since your previous build also used that convention I thought that surely you'd be aware of that.

But that still doesn't answer what failed on the old system. What do you think happened there?

I thought about the 8 pin power connector but since your previous build also used that convention I thought that surely you'd be aware of that.

But that still doesn't answer what failed on the old system. What do you think happened there?

Same problem I'm sure. The problem started when I upgraded the case only. Swapped everything into the new case just to make it quieter, and I'm sure I didn't reconnect the 8pin cpu power then either. Not a difficult mistake to make really with the octopus of cables from the PSU with the 24pin being so unique and obvious, but the 8pin looking so similar to the gpu connector, never gave it a second look just assuming it was one of many extra connectors from the PSU.

The optimistic side of me is glad I found an excuse to upgrade haha. The pessimist side a bit annoyed by unecessary spending. But hey I should have a great rig now. The old was still quite high performance, but was still 2010 tech other than the GPU.

Here's a link to the thread that tipped me off to the solution: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum...88.392712513.1512232180-1150958315.1512232180

Last edited:
Back