• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ImageRecall recovered more deleted images off of my camera SD card than others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Apparently the program is in version 4
http://www.flashfixers.com/Photo_Recovery_Software_s/74.htm

but I used version 2 which came with one of my old cameras.

My hard drive stopped working, I lost access to it, I wanted to recover some of the most recent pictures which I cut-pasted from my camera's SD card so I wanted to see if there's anything on the SD card itself.

When we talked about recovering deleted files in the years past, Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional recovered them as well or better than most others, but it did not recover anywhere near as many as ImageRecall, which I really didn't take seriously initially because it was bundled free with an old camera... but what do you know.

I don't know if it makes a difference, recovering files from SD cards, but if anyone suggests anything else, I can test it against ImageRecall.

Last edited:
I was looking for something to test against before starting to use my SD card again so thank you for your suggestion.

PC Inspector smart recovery did recover some images but not as many as ImageRecall in my test.

I've only used EASEUS....the professional version at work here a few times. Takes forever, but has worked.

Remember the topic is SD cards - not hard drives. I found that software which recovered deleted files on hard drives did not do as good of a job recovering deleted images from SD cards.

The only thing in EASEUS Professional I can find is the Partition recovery wizard - which recovers nothing from my SD card.

I tried both the programs mentioned and neither one found anything on my sd card haha except what was already there and not deleted

Back