• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

increasing hand eye codination and reaction timing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
REd bull caffeine lots of sugar . and listen to the theme song of "Boom headshot" + a good pair of headphones you would not miss ;)

To be blatantly honest I hate CS:S.... it's the only FPS I'm not always top three in no matter what map/gametype I'm playing. **** I can't believe I just equated liking a game to winning. Sure, there are tons of people out there who can beat me, but I'm good at 'figgerin' people out, which is why I like COD4 so much.

No, I don't exist to be the best, but I often am and I'd vote for saying that while anyone can become super good, there's always that one guy who seems to not play as much but never EVER freaking loses.

thats because cs:s is more tactical than most fps its not as much of a twitch game. im the same way i just cant slow down enough to be good at it :/ i'd rather gogogogogo run n gun

Play Call of Duty 4 on Veteran (hardest difficulty level) a couple of times. You'll develop near pin point accuracy with lightning speed in no time or you won't progress through the levels very fast. :p

Even after being amazed at how well I can react to threats on screen after playing single player, I still get owned a lot in multiplayer due to people being out of my field of view and getting pot shots in against me. Running into somebody while running and gunning usually results in me coming out on top and killing them first slightly more than half the time (which is about right if they are decently skilled too). I still have a positive score though with like 1100 kills (300ish headshots) and 800 deaths. I do ok.

Suggestions...
COD4 training mission is really good doing the time trial thing, keep redoing it and you will learn to be so much faster and aggressive you will be shocked.
Play CS:S a lot, if you want to be incredible you have to play for hours every single day

This is the most important I feel and something you may not have thought of...
How is your sleep in your life? Do you often feel tired? Are you in the top condition of your life? Feeling like a million bucks?
Depriving yourself of good sleep and having bad health will have a massive affect on your performance, on your strategic mental thinking and your overall reactions.

after almost 200 hrs of TF2, my hand eye coordination is blazing fast

LOL same. I played games from 2001 till the beginning of this year (taking a break right now for school and crap) and this translated to real life for me. I have caught several things as they fall off the counter, things flying at me or by me, etc. Sometimes I even surprise my wife with the crap I see coming and react to lol. Sometimes it even surprises me. I'd say 50% is gaming, and 50% is what was there before. I grew up catching cottonmouths and crap (and had to dodge strikes to the point that the snake was recoiling behind me), and really honed my reflexes there before I started gaming. I'd say gaming brought it back though, definitely made me a little sharper after a lifestyle lull for a few years :)

i was gonna say ping pong too. and as silly as balls of fury made it seem, try playing ping pong with a wooden ladle instead of a ping pong paddle.

I went from a 5.1 system to a headset...and WOW, huge difference. I played a lot better.

What was even funnier is that I had the headset on backwards and I still played better!! Even better once I flipped it around! :D

Yeah I will just pretend I did not just find out that a senior wore his headphones backwards... :eek:

Attachments

• helmet_backwards.jpg
    helmet_backwards.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 59
never hesitate always aim mid chest and pull up

listen listen and listen more

on tdm watch the people around you if they go off screen and die then get ready to shoot

depending on your ping you may have to aim a little off

Back