• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Install Windows problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hello all.

I am building a new PC AMD 1950X with Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard. I am having trouble installing Windows 10 64 bit Pro. I inserted a Windows 10 disc and press a key board button. All I got is a small Window picture and stay there. I am attach 4 pictures here. Please take look and tell what am I missing?

Bruce

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 51
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
No one here knows of this problem? I don't know what to do. I have tried remove the CMOS battery and reinstalled. Still having the same problem. After many try to install Windows 10 CD/DVD disc and press any buttons on the key board. I now got this screen and a code 61. What is 61? I googled and did not find anything relate to code 61.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 37
Well yesterday was St Patty's day so...
A couple things I would do are download the newest Win10 ISO from M$ if that's an old disc it might have issues or need a newer ISO
disconnect all but your OS drive before trying to install
That giga should have a backup BIOS to get you booted. Then update to the most current BIOS.

Well yesterday was St Patty's day so...
A couple things I would do are download the newest Win10 ISO from M$ if that's an old disc it might have issues or need a newer ISO
disconnect all but your OS drive before trying to install
That giga should have a backup BIOS to get you booted. Then update to the most current BIOS.

Johan45. Thanks for your input. I upload a short video. Please take peek at it. Look like I have the latest bios F2 already.

Ok, 2 points here,
1. You don't need to press any keys when installing an OS on a new PC with blank drives (SSD or HDD) unless you need to make changes in the UEFI BIOS.
2. Try changing the boot order and boot from the none UEFI DVD (P4: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM DH20N) I've a few issues when trying to install the OS when the DVD is set for UEFI.

p.s. You can take screen shots from the BIOS, use USB flash drive (Fat 32) and press F12 and save.

Looks like you are getting stuck early in the install process. I would guess something is wrong with the installation media or files.

As others have said, to the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website and create a flash drive installer. You can activate it with any valid Windows 10 product key as long as it is the same version, Home, Pro, etc.

ok guys. Thank you every body trying to help. I spent almost 4 hrs googling and searching and looking at MS website as suggested by Earthdog. I also searching and watched a few videos but can not find a solution. But I kept coming back on youtube search and search and at last found the solution that work. I am sharing his video that sure will help some one else in the future. I am able to complete installed Windows 10 64 bit pro.

Are you trying to set up an NVMe raid?

no. I don't plan to set set NVMe raid. I have 3 NVMe ssd its intented to setup for video editing in 4K footage. (1) NVMe 960 Pro is for OS. (1) NVMe 960 Evo for video export/rendering (1) NVMe 960 Evo for import video (storage)

- - - Updated - - -

But what was holding you up?

I have to disabled IOMMU in BIOS in order to install Windows.

1 thing to add, I had to enable IOMMU, and EHCI hand-off settings to install Linux on a GA-990FXA-UD5 MB with FX-8350 but change it back for windows.

x399-Peripherals.jpg
x399-Chipset.jpg

Last edited:
Back