• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing a Vantage ALC in an old Antec case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5dollaralien

I picked up this old Antec case off of ebay awhile ago to replace my Alienware Are 51 case, not as cool as an alien but much smaller and it was dirt cheap and came with a P4 setup that I got to work for 40 dollars

anteccase.jpg

After putting my parts in it I wanted to do something else for cooling, so bought a Coolit Domino alc from ebay. It ended up having a problem with the readout so Coolit took it back and offered for 40 dollars more the Vantage ALC. I only paid 41 for the domino with shipping NEW. They gave me the full retail for the Domino, I was happy. Anyhow here goes my install

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase001.jpg

Took out the rear fan and motherboard (to install the retention bracket to the back of MB)

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase003.jpg

Removed the Antec fan mount and started to size it up, PROBLEM already!! The radiator fan assembly would not fit into the opening and have the screws line up

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase006.jpg

Reinstalled the fan mount and the unit would sit in there and clip in but just a hair lower than center

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase008.jpg

Took it back out and I wanted to install the original Antec fan in a Push/Pull setup, this worked but I had to use some thick orings between fan and radiator to lift the fan from the body of radiator cause it would hit slightly

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase009.jpg

reinstalled MB first, then the pump/water block, then the radiator. I was getting nervous cause there is like no clearance between the pump and the fan/radiator, no matter which way I oriented the pump

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase012.jpg

got it all back together and thankfully it worked

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase015.jpg

vantagealcinstalltoanteccase013.jpg

Ohh man you could really do well with cutting the metal off the back of the case. Thats really blocking a LOT of airflow. I bet you'd double your fannage!

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Then I get a fan cover like the inside one right?
man my system is just my first upgrade from P4's. I knew I was not getting the latest stuff ($$$$) but the systems I see on here are way up there in technology. they make me feel like I still have P4 in comparison which would be about right. I won't have an I7 until they come out with something newer
oh by the way I cleaned that nasty fan

Last edited:
Back