• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Delta fans on a Akasa controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sidus

Hi guys, I have a problem here, I have two Delta fans, a Delta EFB1212VH (0.6A) and a Delta AFB1212HHE (0.7A), and I'm planning in installing then on a Akasa All-in-one 2 controller, but the controller only supports max of 0.5A on each channel. So, there is any way to install then on this controller ? or some way to reduce the amperage without affecting the voltage ?

Well kinda, run them at very low voltages, you'll get lesser amps. But then the fan will be slow.

You also have to take into account fans startup current can be twice the rated current.

unfortunately, there's no way to reduce the amperage for normal 2 or 3 wire fan :(
the controller for these kind of fans work by reducing voltage supplying to the fan, and according to the "eternal energy law"; we're converting the unwanted voltage to heat.

connecting your 0.6A and 0.7A might be shorting the lifespan of your akasa controller, and you're definitely will having performance impact with your fans on full speed (your Delta won't reach it's maximum RPM) :shrug:

adding an additional heatsink to the voltage regulator chip might help with the lifespan of your fan controller, but I'm affraid this would be troublesome to do with the Akasa All in One 2 fan controller closed enclosure :shrug:

in brief, your controller will work, with a slight performance impact to the fans maximum rpm...
and might be shorten its lifespan

p/s
Sidus,
I reposted my PM here on your thread,
hope this might help others with the same issues,
and others can point our if I making any mistake.

cheers :)

Back