• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Hyper 212+ in an Tt Element G Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kommanderkodiak

Hi, guys I'm aassiting my friend upgrade his cpu cooler however he is never done anything with computer hardware before.

Hed like to install the hyper 212+ but does not feel comfortable with taking out the motherboard and its parts and putting it all back together to install the back bracket.

I've noticed theres a cutout on the motherboard tray and was wodering if it was big enough to fit the backplate through so he doesnt have to taker the system apart?

The case is an Thermaltake Element G case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=element g case thermaltake&IsVirtualParent=1

That's the point of the cutout. However, that cutout looks a little small and it depends on the board whether it actually lines up with the back of the socket or not.

Exactly, which is why im asking cause im not physically there and hoping some1 on here who has the case could shed the light

Take the back of the case off, then look and see if it will fit. The backplate isn't really any bigger than the stock one.

Take the back of the case off, then look and see if it will fit. The backplate isn't really any bigger than the stock one.

I'm not there where he is, it looks like the cpu is lined up with the slot next concern is the size of the bracket he hasnt bought the Hyper212+ yet. Do you think itll fit through?

I have used that very HSF on my Asus in a similar case. The issue isnt so much is the hole big enough, it's more about will it line up correctly with the cpu socket. In the case of my board and a Rosewill Destroyer case the hole did NOT line up and I had/have to remove the mother board to access 2 of the screws holding said back plate. The 212 plate has 4 nuts that must be turned from the back to install. The screws from the top are 'keyed' so they dont turn when you install the top bracket. I will say from what I see there you may run into this very same issue. If your friend wants that heat sink or any decent after market product he/she may have to just face removing the board.

Z

I have used that very HSF on my Asus in a similar case. The issue isnt so much is the hole big enough, it's more about will it line up correctly with the cpu socket. In the case of my board and a Rosewill Destroyer case the hole did NOT line up and I had/have to remove the mother board to access 2 of the screws holding said back plate. The 212 plate has 4 nuts that must be turned from the back to install. The screws from the top are 'keyed' so they dont turn when you install the top bracket. I will say from what I see there you may run into this very same issue. If your friend wants that heat sink or any decent after market product he/she may have to just face removing the board.

Z

Thank you so very much, thats exactly what i wanted to know. Yeah hes not down for it. Sometimes you just gotta jump...

Back