• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel boy's nice new FX-53...I'm a believer!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
HEH! Yeppers! I be likin' this AMD stuff bros! This my initial oc, I have it on 1.6v cpu and 2.8v mem all thru mobo bios. Primed it for 20 min. so far, all stable. I have the cpu/fsb set at 10.5 x 240fsb 2:1, with all of the mem settings on factory auto/default. This is all cooled by a XP-90 with a 92mm Tornado on rehobus set at 2616 rpms. Idle temp is 49c and mobo temp is 24c. My proc speed is 2520mhz with 240fsb mem timings 3-3-2-8. Nice! tHis mem couldn't do that on my Intel setup without 3.5v!!

Attachments

• FX 53 10.5 x240fsb.JPG
    FX 53 10.5 x240fsb.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 630
CPU-Z shot....

Attachments

• cpu-z mem 240fsb.JPG
    cpu-z mem 240fsb.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 628
Very system man, thats some CPU power there. :beer:

I just got my A64 set up this week, feeling the power, these A64's rule! :bday:

Teehee Today i also turned to AMD...switched from my 2.4c to Mobile 2500+!!! I bought the mobile 2500+, ABIT NF7(ABIT BEST MOBO MAKERS), and also bought a volcano 9.

Krag, sweet man. I guess you think it is faster than your P rig was.

Hey if you can get some memory that will go 2-2-2-5 1T it will boost things quite well. Many say the timings dont hurt a64s but the truth is they respond very good to them. Sandra bandwith will streer you wrong on this use real world stuff to test & 3Dmark will really shine also.

Me wish I had FX53, I will have to ride this 3200 for awail tho.

Nice Rig. :thup:

SJ
:sn:

I tried a gig of BH-5 last night and got really crappy scores. I set it to 2:1 which the highest performing mem cpuratio and manually set it to 1T 2-2-2-5 and only got 4551 Sandra mem while my OCZ 3700EB got 5800 Sandra on just factory defautl settings.

I guess I need you guys to show me how to oc this bad boy??? Thjere are a lot more memory timings/selections in the Asus A8V Deluxe than any of the Intel rigs i had....its pretty confuseing.

Krag, i must say nice system :thup:

and good to see that you were converted :beer:

but one thing, please note that your ram isnt at 1:1. its a CPU-z/CPUID/sandra/anything else that reads mem speed error. With a64's, anytime you use half CPU multipiers, it is impossible to run your ram at 1:1 ratios.

for your ram to be at 1:1 3 things must be in place

1. your ram must be set to 1:1 in bios(this one is a no brainer)

2. you must use a multipier above 4x(because using 4x usually give a 4:5(or slower mem speed)

3. you must NOT use half cpu multies.

ON you rig, runnig 10.5x240, your ram is on a "10.5:11" ratio. Giving you a 229mhz mem speed.

here is an ok mem ratio chart for a64's. its alittle messy, but i need to redo it, now that i have Excel.

http://webpages.charter.net/jess1313/DFI 754 ut/a64 ram ratio chart.bmp

GL
-Jess-

thanks for the table!! I'l try some more settings tonight and post results!!

THanks for the cheers fellas!!!! :attn:

krag said:
thanks for the table!! I'l try some more settings tonight and post results!!

THanks for the cheers fellas!!!! :attn:

yeah, i suppose i forgot to mention.

you were using

10.5x240(1:1 in bios) giving 229 mem speed

so

11x229(1:1 in bios) giving 229 mem speed should give you exacly the same results, your benchmarks should be +/- 1% at 11x229, as they were at 10.5x240.

GL
-Jess-

OK, I'm confused. I just booted with 1:1 (in bios) at 250fsb but CPU-Z says otherwise.

Attachments

• 250fsb 1 to 1.JPG
    250fsb 1 to 1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 562
krag said:
OK, I'm confused. I just booted with 1:1 (in bios) at 250fsb but CPU-Z says otherwise.

what CPU multi is this at Krag?.

one thing you will learn very quick, is that w/ A64, it that it is best to totally ignore CPU-Z/ClockGen :D

GL
-Jess-

This new article at Anandtech on A64 & memory performance looks very interresting. I'll read it now.

On a side note, I seem to be having some little issues with this setup. I get lockups when I'm on line or using Word. It does this even when my rig is at defaults. Maybe its the mobo? I don't know. I'll try the NF4 when it comes out.

Very interresting....here is a rip from the article about Command rate T1 & 2, they claim T1 is basically better than "any" T2........................

Anantech rip.................
The following settings were tested with the six memories on the Athlon 64 test bed:
12x200/DDR400 - the highest stock memory speed supported on K8T800/nF3/SiS755 motherboards.
11x218/DDR436 - a ratio near the standard DDR433 speed.
10x240/DDR480 - a ratio near the standard rating of DDR466.
9x267/DDR533 - a standard memory speed used in testing other high-speed memory.
Highest Memory Speed - the highest memory speed that we could achieve regardless of the multiplier. This setting was generally achieved at a 2T command rate and performance is often poorer than slower memory timings at a 1T Command Rate.
Highest Performance - the highest memory performance settings that we could achieve. This setting is normally the highest stable speed using a 1T Command Rate.
A couple of the memories tested here were able to run at an incredible 8x300/DDR600 speed. This is the next ratio multiple for 2.4GHz speed and will be added to future memory benchmarks as more memory is able to reach this performance level.

Command Rate is not normally a factor in Intel 478 tests, but it is a major concern in Athlon 64 performance. A Command Rate of 1T is considerably faster on Athlon 64 than a 2T Command Rate. For this reason, we had added the Command Rate to the timings and voltage reported for each memory speed setting.

If I am reading this right almost any speed at T2 is overcome by any speed at T1???????

The thing with memory runnign slowly is an A8V thing. You had it set right initially, at 2:1. I dont know whay they did that, but thats how mine works.

Mr Snub said:
I want an FX-53 so bad, but too expensive, maybe ebay...

Juts wait for the FX-55 to come out and you'll see a flood of used FX-53s on eBay. Well that's my theory anyway. :)

And nice chip there krag. :beer:

Edit: fdlodd?? :bang head

Last edited:
Back