• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel boy's nice new FX-53...I'm a believer!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice:)

Half mults are a bad idea, I can't find but toms did a review and showed it signifigantly negitivly effecting performance.

On a side note, I seem to be having some little issues with this setup. I get lockups when I'm on line or using Word. It does this even when my rig is at defaults. Maybe its the mobo? I don't know. I'll try the NF4 when it comes out.

That's cause locks don't kick in till 233 giving 1:7 PCI divider or 266 giving 1:8..your running out of spec agp/pci.

-=Ambush=- said:
Juts wait for the FX-55 to come out and you'll see a fdlodd of used Fx-3s on eBay. Well that's my theory anyway. :)

And nice chip there krag. :beer:

And they're supposed to be released on the 11th :D

-=Ambush=- said:
Juts wait for the FX-55 to come out and you'll see a fdlodd of used Fx-3s on eBay. Well that's my theory anyway. :)

And nice chip there krag. :beer:

Hmmmm, my FX-53 might be one too??

Haha, I wouldn't give up a proven chip just like that, i'm going to be running mine of a vapochill XE, so I'm gonna hope for 3-3.2 ghz(seems to be the norm for that type of setup)

krag said:
Very interresting....here is a rip from the article about Command rate T1 & 2, they claim T1 is basically better than "any" T2........................

Anantech rip.................

If I am reading this right almost any speed at T2 is overcome by any speed at T1???????
That's taking it just a bit too far. 2T is a second slower in PI benchies, 200 points worse in 3dmark01 for me, 70 in 03, but over 300 mb/sec slower in Sandra. Just forget about sandra, intel boy, and you're all set. :D

However, the bandwidth efficiency of a 939 at 2t is still better than any Intel I've ever seen....

Half multipliers are bad, because there are no half-dividers. The memory dividers just get rounded up as Jess said. Course Tom's was too dumb to figure that one out, but I'm not complaining, Anand couldn't even figure out how to work nF3 PCI locks for a year.

Gautam said:
Just forget about sandra, intel boy, and you're all set. :D

However, the bandwidth efficiency of a 939 at 2t is still better than any Intel I've ever seen....

Hahahahahahahha :clap:

Yep this setup has the best mem bandwidth of any OC'ed Intel rig I have ever owned whether it be air cooled or Vapochilled!

I am looking at getting some Gskill pc4400 or pc4800. These sticks run at....now get this....2.7v @ 2.5-3-3-7!!!!! All I would have to do is drop the multi down to 7 or 8 and let it fly!!

Scope it out!!!!!!!1

Show us some realy world benches, sandra slays the Athlon64. My chip loses to an athlonxp at 100mhz higher clocks.

Yuriman said:
Show us some realy world benches, sandra slays the Athlon64. My chip loses to an athlonxp at 100mhz higher clocks.

What'll ya have? Gimme your request.

How about some games, whatever you have that you can bench easily. Also, could you time your reformat speed(lol)? I can do it in under 15min, from putting the cd in to a usable desktop.

takes me 7 mins including typing in my name and setting language and other crap to go from 39mins remaining to 0. add a couple more mins for a reboot and then that screen with the cool music i never hear anymore cause i have a nforce board. anyway i'm pretty sure install bottleneck is hard drive and cdrom drive speeds and not cpu speed. btw, raid significantly shortened my install time.

[off topic]If you slipstream the audio drivers onto the cd, you can still hear the purdy sounds. And you wont need a floppy drive for your raid install[/off topic]

What about those benches!!

Yuriman said:
[off topic]If you slipstream the audio drivers onto the cd, you can still hear the purdy sounds. And you wont need a floppy drive for your raid install[/off topic]

What about those benches!!

Gimme some links bro, i accedentaly wiped my backup drive when I built this sytem. tHe only game I have on it now is Doom 3 and I had to use cheats to level jump to where I was befroe the wipeout. I tried the D3 time deom but all it did was record my game play...no real benchmark. I'll load all 6 disks of UT2004 now and post the bench it has......6 disks.. :rolleyes:

Oh come on 6 disks aint nothing for that kick azz system you got..

Sweet rig man.. :)

yea i have a slipstreamed sp2 disk that i got off a friend but i really should sit down and make a disk that has everything on it. trouble is new drivers come out almost as often as i format.

Allrighty my salivating benchmark brothers! I was looking thru my freshly installed UT2004 directory for the little cactus benchmark Icon and it is missing, from my google search it apears that the UT2003 bench that we are all used to is completly absent from the Ut2004 programs, there is a folder but no .exe bench proggy. So I downloaded "Umark" which is a new UT2004 bench that I just discovered. Feast yer beady little downloading eyes upon this nice little program.....Umark...benchmark for UT2004

Anyways this program is pretty cool it lets you bench UT2003 maps & UT2004.

The pic below is all UT2003 maps

Attachments

• many Ut benches.JPG
    many Ut benches.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 31
This shot is all UT2004...BTW my rig is at all default settings execpt the vid card which is at 600/600 at the moment.

Attachments

• UT2004 many.JPG
    UT2004 many.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 32
Here is Ut2004 on my "current settings" of High Quality in driver tabs with the features bench rez of 1024x768. Not to shabby ehhh??

Attachments

• UT current setting.JPG
    UT current setting.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 31
Back