• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Celeron D325 2.53GHZ @ 3.8GHZ!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elnicoya88

Registered
I need some advise on a decent cooling heatsink that is not too loud. I just build a new system over the weekend and the cpu is running really hot.

I'm currently overclocking this cpu from 2.53ghz to 3.8 and running very stable and very hot too! Idle temp 55C load 72C.

This CPU Seems to be very impressinve compare to some P4 BENCHMARK;

I would like to post some benchmark pictures but I do not know how to do it, can somebody help me?

My new Rig'

Intel Celeron 2.53 @3.8ghz
Generic pc3200 memory
Albatron 865PE PRO
Generic 350watt power supply
ati radeon 8500
raid 0 320gb hard drive

I find it hard to beleive that generic PC3200 and a generic 350 watt can do all of that. Are you stable?

People test stability using something like Prime95. Benchmarks can be done using Sisoft Sandra, and 3DMark. I like being Prime95 stable for as long as I can run the test.

That celeron has the prescott core, so its going to run hotter than most. Your temps look about right for the high speed that you are at.

I recommend looking at TherrmalRIGHT for the heatsink. I'm on a stock P4EE heatsink with no complaints.

Also, would you mind telling us what voltage your running that processor at?

Foxie3a said:
I find it hard to beleive that generic PC3200 and a generic 350 watt can do all of that. Are you stable?

People test stability using something like Prime95. Benchmarks can be done using Sisoft Sandra, and 3DMark. I like being Prime95 stable for as long as I can run the test.

That celeron has the prescott core, so its going to run hotter than most. Your temps look about right for the high speed that you are at.

I recommend looking at TherrmalRIGHT for the heatsink. I'm on a stock P4EE heatsink with no complaints.

Also, would you mind telling us what voltage your running that processor at?

Core is set at 1.42v...thank for the heatsink advise, Im going to check it out!

Here are some of my Marks with sandra 2004 since I cannot upload the pictures

CPU Benchmark = 10,320
Memory Bandthwith Benchmark = 4,758

I dont think this is bad at all for a $60.00 CPU

SWEET Fry's Deal!

I find it hard to beleive that generic PC3200 and a generic 350 watt can do all of that.
you got to remember that he started out at 133fsb so its no trouble for the memory, although i imagine that the powersupply is not entirly stable

my fsb now is 200x19, the power supply is made by L & C, I think stands for low cost...believe me the only problem i see on this system is cpu heat....what should the power supply be? 450watts etc?

PC is on hold until i buy a better heatsink fan....I just wanted to see how far I could push this cpu. Damn this is a nice one!

If you want to post benchmarks and the like I would recommend the following:

- Run GCPUID: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4155.html
or WCPUID: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

- Run 3DMark2003 and choose to submit your result. Then post a link to the submitted result and/or take a screenshot of the score.

- Run SiSoft Sandra from: http://www.sisoftware.net/
Take screenshots of CPU score (both CPU tests) and memory tests.

To take a screenshot hit the "print screen" key. Then open a graphics package like Paint or Photoshop and hit paste. Crop out the part that is important (eg the GCPUID window) and then save the file. Start a new post and attach the file(s).

3.8GHz from a 2.53GHz CPU is amazing. It may not be as fast as a P4-HT at the same speed, but thats quite an acheivement.

David,

Thanks for all the links...I would like to upload these benchies to the forum, I have them all .jpeg format but I dont know if there is any trick to upload them.

Thanks,

Elnicoya88

BeerHunter said:
Stock HSF, El cheap PSU, I have my doubts... I want to see some benches though.:)

Some three weeks ago I just bought exactly the same Celeron Model (2,53GHz) and it ran up to 3,5GHz with default voltage and 3,65GHz with 1,425V.
Prime stable. SuperPI stable. Gaming stable. Perfect!
All with the stock heatsink.
So I do not really have a problem with believing elnicoyas results.
Those new Celeron-D are definitely very good overclockers!

B3

elnicoya88 said:
I need some advise on a decent cooling heatsink that is not too loud. I just build a new system over the weekend and the cpu is running really hot.
have you given any thought to water cooling your CPU it took my temps of 65+ down into the high 30's and low 40's and water cooling setups are quieter than most heat sinks

RPKoke, I was thinking about water cooling....which would be an affordable set? and are they hard to install?

Thanks,

Elnicoya

you can make a custom wcing setup for pretty cheap and its very easy to install, just read up on it at the wcing forums

Back