• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel D99136-001 DTC-AAS10 Chattering Fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkade

This is a quick guide for users using the Intel 775 Stock cooler

D99136-001 / DTC-AAS10

FAN1.jpg

And are annoyed by the insane metal chattering, buzzing, noises created by the cooler. I have a quick cheap fix for the Cooler than eliminates the sound completley.

You need 3 very small rubber bands.

Take them and wrap them around all three legs of the Fans when removed from the heatsink.

FAN3.jpg

once you have done this, carefully push it back into the heatsink, it will be a tight fit.

FAN2.jpg

Thats it. The cooler is almost 100% silent now from chattering, rattling, and buzzing sounds. It's a great cooler, and it shouldn't have to suffer from that annoying sound.

Just thought I'd share how i fixed it, in case anyone out there wants to know a quick fix.

It's a great cooler, and it shouldn't have to suffer from that annoying sound.

Sorry, couldn't help it to be a bit OOT. :chair:

Really missed the old days where even Intel stock heatsink which considered the crappiest OC-ing heatsink, and it was made from pure massive metal block instead of just a bunch of thin & cheap metal sheets crimped together. :cry:

Photo of old-fart's :D 775 stock heat sinks, and some early models even equipped with Sanyo Denki fan that was made in Japan. :attn:

attachment.php

Got a bunch of those too XD, really were bad heatsinks.

I have never seen those coolers in the first post.
Google is trying to tell me that those were on extreme edition core 2.

I have never seen those coolers in the first post.
Google is trying to tell me that those were on extreme edition core 2.

Any yes, those were indeed on those CPU's. I have them on my Dual CPU rig.

Sorry, couldn't help it to be a bit OOT. :chair:

Really missed the old days where even Intel stock heatsink which considered the crappiest OC-ing heatsink, and it was made from pure massive metal block instead of just a bunch of thin & cheap metal sheets crimped together. :cry:

Photo of old-fart's :D 775 stock heat sinks, and some early models even equipped with Sanyo Denki fan that was made in Japan. :attn:

attachment.php
Yeah I think I have at least 5 of those laying about.

:D

Those pushpins they used for mounting were SUCH crap too...I don't know what current gen uses though. They may still be crap.

I found the Pushpins super easy to mount with. All i did was Pushed a flat head screwdriver into the notches you can see on them, then pushed it straight down. Worked like a charm with every board ever. Never lose those damn brackets when i need to do a CPU swap on workstations or somethin. Hate removing the whole board for removing my coolers(unless the brackets have that nice thin adhesive)

Those pushpins they used for mounting were SUCH crap too...I don't know what current gen uses though. They may still be crap.

Current ones use the pushpin too. Also those coolers vary similarly like bing's post; the stock cooler for the Pentium G630 is all aluminum, while the stock cooler for the 2500k has a copper core.

Also ran I ran my E8400 on the stock cooler on HTPC duty, I used a bolt thru kit.

775_hs_boltthru_r.jpg

Back