• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i5 3570k Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reaver22

Registered
I am wanting to change out my cooling on my cpu but I was wondering would there be any noticeable difference between a Noctua D-14 or a Corsair H90-100?

currently using stock cooler @ stock speeds wanting to push it farther.

This may help you get started.

Also with the closed loop coolers, make sure you have room inside case to fit entire radiator or you may have to mod case to fit it on outside of so.

H100 and the NDH-14 are about the same really. H90 the D-14 would beat it. But that said, you are talking in negligible amounts of a couple to a few C at most.

W00t! A Cbus guy! I lived all around there (campus, Westerville, New Albany, Reynoldsburg) and was just there this weekend at the OSU/PSU game. :)

ok thanks .. I just didnt think spending 30 more dollars per say on a closed loop when air will do the job. so noctua d-14 it is then.

W00t! A Cbus guy! I lived all around there (campus, Westerville, New Albany, Reynoldsburg) and was just there this weekend at the OSU/PSU game. :)

yeah I live between Groveport and Reynoldsburg I have lived in grove city all my life. that was also a great game go bucks

my default answer is always to get a megahalems (base model). i go through upgrade-itis on cooling once in awhile and keep coming back to the same answer. to keep the megahalems.

Back