• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel i7 5775C Broadwell CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If Intel doesn't seriously relax the pricing, these ain't going in cheap entry level anything.

Fair point, but on the flipside anyone looking to buy some time for getting a worthy GPU or if they have a GPU failure, that iris pro runs at least fast enough for things like LoL/DoTA2 and games on low/medium.

The IGPU increase is at least a better point for value over the 4770/4790, and the 14nm lithography=better power management.
Give and take.

Fair point, but on the flipside anyone looking to buy some time for getting a worthy GPU or if they have a GPU failure, that iris pro runs at least fast enough for things like LoL/DoTA2 and games on low/medium.

The IGPU increase is at least a better point for value over the 4770/4790, and the 14nm lithography=better power management.
Give and take.

If you're looking for a temp GPU and need a CPU at the same time, 4690K + 750Ti. Cheaper than the 5775C and will perform better.

IIRC Intel is considered a national security asset I doubt they will get broken up or intentionally weakened, it pays to be top dog.

It all depends on market share and how pro corporation the government would be at that time.

"Too big to fail." We've heard that before.

Anywho back on topic... I'm not sure what Intel is thinking on this particular processor. It seems to be priced out of the market. Who would buy it?

Those that want better power consumption and a MUCH better iGPU (read: not most of us - at least for our primary rig)?

Those that want better power consumption and a MUCH better iGPU (read: not most of us - at least for our primary rig)?

How long would it take to make that up on the average electric bill ? I'm 53 , I may not have that much time. As much as I'm sure there is an Intel in my future I'm positive it isn't this one.

How long would it take to make that up on the average electric bill ? I'm 53 , I may not have that much time. As much as I'm sure there is an Intel in my future I'm positive it isn't this one.

Some people like low power because of heat dissipation.
Higher power components heat up a room faster.

Some people like low power because of heat dissipation.
Higher power components heat up a room faster.

Ahhh. As a current FX user it hadn't occurred to me that heating a room could be an option and not a requirement. Almost any Intel would be so much of an improvement , heat-wise , that I didn't think it through.

Maybe OEMs that build AIOs?

This is what I was thinking. Makes sense for like an Office setting where Chipset-based graphics can't cut it. The iGPU improvements and the lower power make these great workstation chips, albeit expensively so. I think a 4790S with a 750ti makes a lot more sense for most applications. But in a laptop / iMac type of application, this makes more sense.

I wonder if there would be a chance for this CPU being compatible with some type of Tablet...

The other issue I see is that there's pretty much no OEM that would include an unlocked CPU in their AIO/tablet machine.

This is what I was thinking. Makes sense for like an Office setting where Chipset-based graphics can't cut it. The iGPU improvements and the lower power make these great workstation chips, albeit expensively so. I think a 4790S with a 750ti makes a lot more sense for most applications. But in a laptop / iMac type of application, this makes more sense.

I wonder if there would be a chance for this CPU being compatible with some type of Tablet...
So you would pay $450 instead of $370 just for better gaming performance for the office? I see. You would also double power consumption with that setup.

65W is still a ton for a tablet...isn't it?

Back