• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel i7 920 Overclocked 3.5G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

black_wing

CPU: Intel i7 920 (2.66MHZ 133x20)Bloomfield D0 Stepping=5
MB:Gigabyte EX58-UD3R SLI (Hyperthreading OFF,see why below)
RAM: 6GB VCOLOR (3x2GB) DDR3 Tri Channel Memory (667MHZ)
VC: Evga GTX 295 1792MB DDR3 CO-OP Edition
PSU: Corsair TX750W

Hey guys, here's my new computer setup that i purchased over at Newegg.ca when they had really good deals on i7 920. 2 Weeks ago approx.

Anyways, I read online that the i7 920 is actually a nice cpu to overclock.
After playing around with the pc, slowly inceasing the Clock from 133 to 170. Anything higher than 170, i get BSOD in Windows. But on 170 BLCK, which is 3.573.95 MHZ (170x21) stable as rock.

Vcore: 1.088V-1.144V ( Lowered the Vcore to Lower CPU temperature. -10C )
Ambient Temp: 26C+
Idle Temp:52C
Full Load: 72C under Prime95
Hyperthreading: OFF ( Turned HT off to Lower CPU Temerature. -12C )

I kept this for last because I find this very surprising, and maybe hard to believe. Almost 1GIG of extra speed.... all on STOCK FAN from Intel... WOW! :eek:

And yes, I know If I get a better CPU fan, I can probably push it way more faster. But as of right now, I don't think I really need anything more than 3.5G, unless you are a speed freak.

Let me know what you guys think or post up ur results here to Compare:welcome:

Also I don't have any Benchmark programs to test the PC with at the moment. But maybe in the nearest future I will.

Last edited:
Invest on a better cpu cooler so you can still lower yout temps on that speed. You can get Thermalright True it's the best air cooling out there. From 52c you'll get around 30ish degress..

Back