• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Processors compatability.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brfc

Registered
Would a Q6600,bought from america, work on a British motherboard?

I ask as they are £50 cheaper in the US.

Also, would ram be the same?

All made in taiwan. Even if not, they will work anywhere, memory same. Mobo might need bios update to support certain cpus but that has nothing to with were it is coming from.

Last edited:
Thats great news.

So CPU and RAM will be fine bought from anywhere?

the only parts in a computer to worry about when looking at us vs uk would be the power supply. everything else is exactly the same, so they can be changed out with any computer in the world.

planning on buying

CPU
RAM
MOBO
HDD.
PSU.

Are they all ok in UK.?

Make sure that you buy a PSU for where you intend to use the computer, and that the parts are compatable with each other. Where theyre from doesnt matter.

Make sure that you buy a PSU for where you intend to use the computer, and that the parts are compatable with each other. Where theyre from doesnt matter.

But the PSU is in a Bundle?

Got told you can change the voltage on them?

The only thing to watch out is psu. Though I have not seen, so far, current psus that can not run 120/240v. Some require switching between them by switch others do it automatically.

But it could be done?

Its an absolute blinding deal btw.

if you have the model of the psu you/we can double check the spec's. as they will list the input voltage it can use.

For that kind of price i would stay away from Ultra. Corsair psu should be good.

Please post the total amount of money you want to spend in USD, and what kind of computer you want, and we can link you to the best parts for ya.

Im already in the general hardware thread.

but it is in a bundle?
and its a good deal.

well i read this thread 3 more times thinking i missed links to the hardware your looking at. it is hard to say if the included video card is good or not, since i dont see what video card we are talking about.

well i read this thread 3 more times thinking i missed links to the hardware your looking at. it is hard to say if the included video card is good or not, since i dont see what video card we are talking about.

No, i said would a USA graphic card work ??? Like RAM/CPU etc?

Back