• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interest in Custom Cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Take a look at the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. Its almost everything I want in a case. so I bought it after having an NZXT Tempest for 5 years :)

I apologize for the long delay, I've been extremely busy. Every time I have a final product ready to be made, I end up revising it again. :screwy: I have a final product now, and I am just waiting on a few small things like cable grommets, etc. for final measurements and I will have a finished design ready for the laser. I'm hoping to have at least the parts lasered by the end of the week, formed and ready to assemble by mid next week. At that point I can talk to my powdercoater about options and pricing. Obviously the more I can send him at once, the cheaper it is. Same goes for every step of production.

I worked for a company that made custom cases a few years ago, and we weren't able to sell a single one. I believe our case was costing us something like $3-400 to produce(custom frame & paint job are expensive). My boss tried to enter the market as a completely assembled PC gaming machine to hide that cost, but it was easy for knowledgeable builders to price out the same rig on Newegg to figure out the cost of the case.

There are just so many options from great case makers and professional modders already on the scene, it's a tough market! There is only a small percentage willing to spent more than $100 on a case, and the higher you go over that, the more discerning the buyers are. We weren't able to pull it off but I wish you the best of luck!

I worked for a company that made custom cases a few years ago, and we weren't able to sell a single one. I believe our case was costing us something like $3-400 to produce(custom frame & paint job are expensive). My boss tried to enter the market as a completely assembled PC gaming machine to hide that cost, but it was easy for knowledgeable builders to price out the same rig on Newegg to figure out the cost of the case.

There are just so many options from great case makers and professional modders already on the scene, it's a tough market! There is only a small percentage willing to spent more than $100 on a case, and the higher you go over that, the more discerning the buyers are. We weren't able to pull it off but I wish you the best of luck!
I should be able to keep costs competitive with the higher end imports. Also this is not my main venture at all, rather I decided to make myself a couple cases and thought I'd try and make a little money on the side off of them. One of the reasons it's taking time right now is it is just a side project. I already have all of the equipment, and skilled operators in house. Actually we just took delivery of a new CNC plasma machine yesterday, I don't see it being used for cases as the laser is more suited for the thinner material used.

Just thought I'd check in here as I haven't posted in quite awhile. I have been concentrating on some other projects, but I haven't forgotten about this. I have quite a bit of work for the shop once he head back from Christmas shutdown. In the next week or two I will be looking into a possible beta test on a couple cases and server racks for some feedback, and hope to have something nice to show off soon.

Back