• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interested in setting up liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HypnotiXDMP

So, for a while now I have been wanting to set up liquid cooling on my PC, but I have issues finding the proper blocks for my hardware, so if anyone wants to help please chime on in!!!

Motherboard: MSI NF750-G55
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Processor: AMD Phenom 2 X6

Any other info you need, let me know!!!

I guess just the CPU and GPU would be fine...I know people normally cool the north and south bridges too though...

Ahhh ok, didn't know that, have never done it before lol. Know where to get my GPU WB?

before you go out and spend money you should take a step back and really learn about watercooling. Have a good read of these stickies before you do anything.

I am not seeing the 550, only 560 and 660 and so on...everything in between but not it lol. Any suggestions?

before you go out and spend money you should take a step back and really learn about watercooling. Have a good read of these stickies before you do anything.

I will be reading over this and making sure I have everything I need. I do have a decent CM case that has the holes for the tubing pre built into it, so maybe that will help out. I just want to make sure I can find the right blocks before I go any further, otherwise I gotta upgrade my GPU first!!!

Last edited:
Instead of spending money to cool that gpu why not buy a better gpu? You are going to spend at least 200-300 on water cooling. I would think the money would be better spent on upgrading the GPU?

I wouldn't bother putting that gpu or mobo under water. Cooling a mobo isn't needed and the blocks are generally restrictive. The gpu is too slow amd already a generation old. I also agree to upgrade your gpu instead of water cooling it.

This is more for fun then anything else, yeah it will cool down your parts better and quit down things to.

I wouldn't bother putting that gpu or mobo under water. Cooling a mobo isn't needed and the blocks are generally restrictive. The gpu is too slow amd already a generation old. I also agree to upgrade your gpu instead of water cooling it.

+1 :thup:
550 is a weak card, need to upgrade to a new card for better gaming experiences

Back