• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting discussion regarding Conroe, Woodcrest, Merom and AM2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ross said:
OMG, forget the "hear say", forget potential OCing, just read the specs on paper. If there's any doubt and you need a physical proc to compare "right now", look at Yonahs in desktops. There is NO question it will perform well, but just how much better than Yonah it will be.

Prescott fiasco or not, 65W is a LOT less TDP than any P4. Whether it's on par with AMD or not, it's a huge improvement for any P4. I am pretty sure if they can bring in 2.16GHz Yonah dual core @ 31W, they can pull off a 2.67GHz Conroe at 65W :rolleyes:

I agree... I just want to see it in action.... It is nice to see that intel is looking into lowering the power requirments of thier CPUs...

Ross said:
just read the specs on paper.

Where are these specs coming from??

Intel's site? Or Joe, telling peter, telling Rob, by the time it gets to us, its a 7Ghz CPU with 512MB of L2 cache... LMAO.

um Intel, the inquirer, HKEPC, a forum member here that works for Intel, Xtremesystems.org, LegitReviews, Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, digitimes, I could continue but I don't choose to.

dicecca112 said:
um Intel, the inquirer, HKEPC, a forum member here that works for Intel, Xtremesystems.org, LegitReviews, Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, digitimes, I could continue but I don't choose to.

Can your provide links to Intels site?

I don't know Joe, Peter or Rob. Is "everything" about AM2 on the Net coming straight from AMD's mouth? I doubt it. Certainly not everything I've read is "official" straight from Intel either. Some is definitely from not the best sources and some more reputable, but I've read no conflicting info from either types, which makes me believe it's accurate or as close to accurate as can be without an official offering from Intel. There are Intel roadmaps around with most of the info (speeds, FSBs, cache, TDP, etc.) too.

You're not looking forward to the lower power requirements as much as I am :) Prescott was a joke and Intel deserves every bit of grief they get for laying those on us, LOL. They stepped up with the 65nm...they just need to keep the trend going :)

dicecca112 said:
its an interview with intel, if I can find it i"ll post it.

That would be nice, as everyone is just posting what they have read....

I would like to read it from the horses mouth, so there is no confusion or misunderstandings....

Back