• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer 10 insists on sending web addresses you visited to Microsoft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can reimage the system and test but the reg file is the solution and so I will bump the thread in the future if it isn't but it appears that it is, I knew it had to be a reg file, I still don't see how you can do that in Group Policy w/o creating new entries... That's what the reg file does, there are no entries like that in the registry, it creates them from scratch.

Every time I type anything in the IE10 bar a stupid question pops up asking if it want suggestions turned on and is it ok to send every keystroke to bing. I got a suggestion microbing-gfy. I need to find a decent ie replacement that I can actually trust.

After searching a lot I found Internet Surfboard
http://inetsurfboard.sourceforge.net/
It uses qt webkit and works really well actually. It hasn't been updated since 2010 so make sure to overwrite the ssl dll's with the latest (1015). Midori works great in linux but kinda sucks in windows atm. Cyberfox (moz based) looks interesting but is 64bit only.

Last edited:
Since I have detailed drive images, I can accurately determine if something works or not.

Solution posted above works.

Back