• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is A 26" HD TV Good For Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
blue jester, my dad has a 42" 780 Vizio he got from sam's club. looks really nice. It's definately an option also. Our costco has it's grand opening in a month or so.

Mpegger, that's the one reason I'm not wanting the TV on the mantle. The other guitar player in our band has one mounted up high on his wall but has a swing out arm and pivot that the TV is mounted on but his couch and chairs are farther away from the TV so its not bad watching it up high at his place.

That DIY TV stand looks simple and easy but unfortunately, I'm not single or in college any more so that probably wouldn't fly.

Something like this is another option she's approved of.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=994&f=10680

Like I said before, the screen is flat. You can bolt it into the wall. Maybe your wife doesn't like bolts? Well you could easily fill the holes afterwards. I have more-or-less the same setup as you. Mantlepiece and everything. I considered putting mine above the mantlepiece... but my eyesight isn't the best in the world.

26inches definately wouldn't have been an option. 42" is actually ideal. Hell... I might sell my 32inch and get a 42 soon.

Viewable real estate...

Yeah having an armoire is just asking for problems. I know my parents and my brother both have them and both were a pain to work with when they upgraded TV's. That hide your TV in a cabinet is so old school. My friend just put his new LCD above his mantle this summer and while it looks cool, I agree it's too high, you have to slouch on the couch like your in the front row of a movie theater. If you have an Ikea by you, yes I know they make cheap stuff.....but I grabbed a silver and glass TV stand for like $60 there a few years back...and it looks EXACTLY like the $300 one's they sell at best buy and other stores for TV's. Wall mount would be a good option too like rainless said but your always gonna have a mess of cords so just remember that.

If you have the money, I'll reccommend this 40" Samsung I have in my sig. It's great for everything I do with it (everything). It's great as a TV so long as you order the HD content from your cable. It's a pretty good PC monitor, as long as you don't mind tweaking the colors and using the VGA input. I don't think you can get much better for gaming consoles (unless you go bigger of course). There is no ghosting and the colors are awesome (even the blacks if you configure it correctly). On the newer Samsungs, they even have 3 HDMI inputs, so there's no shortage of inputs on the thing either. They are pricier than pretty much every other brand, but for me is was totally worth it over other brands (except Sony of course, which is almost the same in every way) as there is pretty much no compromise anywhere for this TV.

Oh well I bought it the 26inch one it's actually very nice and very good picture quality 360 games and i get freeview channels to watch.

Back