• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is antec sonata III's PSU enough for this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StarSeeker

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to buy a new desktop this week, and I have selected the following hardwares:
Antec Sonata III 500 case
Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
Diamond Radeon 4870 512MB
ASUS P5K ATX LGA775 P35
OCZ Platinum 2X1GB DDR2-800
2XSB 7200.11 500GB SATA2 HD
LG DVD Writer
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
The only thing that I'm worried about is this Antec Sonata III case. I chose it because I can get it at a low price with a 500W PSU. However, I plan to overclock my E8400 to at least 3.80GHz, and I also want to OC my video card and add an Arctic Accelero S1. So I'm not sure if the 500W could supply enough power to this system. I'm also concerning about the cooling of the case since it only has two fans. By using the power supply calculator, it recommend me to use at least 500W+ PSU, so I would really want to know if this case is suitable for this system. Thanks!:temper:

You'll be fine. That PSU is in fact same with Corsair VX450 but with 80 mm fan and some value caps (OST) instead jap caps (Chemi-Con).

Last edited:
Back