• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone here using an ABIT IC-7 and a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick? HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PreservedSwine

Is anyone here using an ABIT IC-7 and a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick? HELP!

Because I can't get the darn thing to work!!!

I've got it hooked up via the USB port, installed a standard gameport (I/O 200-207), ran autodetect, and it detected, but it shows it's status as not connected. It shows as "working properly" in device manager, but under "game controllers", it shopes as not connected.

I'd sure like to get this resolved, as an avid-flight-simmer, this is driving me nuts!!!

Drivers for minimal support are included in XP. Microsoft no longer supports the Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick in XP, but all that means is that the forces cannot be controlled.

The joystick gets detected and drivers installed when I run auto-detect via the USB port, but it still shows up as "not detected" under "game controllers" (shows as working properly in device manager, though.)

It worked on my Epox via the game-port, but this mobo has no game-port....

I couldn't get it to work on the EPOX via the USB either...

Last edited:
what version of SideWinder Central are you using? i believe the most
current is 4.0. that's the one i'm using with my force feedback 2 joystick
and a sidewinder wheel. the disk i used was for windows 9* but it works
for me in XP.

i hope your up and flying soon.

c_h

I have the Force Feedback I, which is not supported by Microsoft in XP, guessing I'm screwed w/out a gameport...I just can't figure out how to get it running via a USB port on XP...

Thanks, but it will not load. Guessing this is b/c I have the Sidewinder I, not supported by XP.

Oh well, looks like M/S has me by the gonads.......

The M$ FFB Pro #1 is not supported under Win XP. Your Joystick will not function properly thats to say you`ll find it hard to move your joystick.I had the same problem under XP playing Mech Warrior....The Fix I play my game under Win 98SE and use XP for other stuff.Reason the MS FFB Pro is the best joystick for the game I play..however you should consider purchasing a new USB joystick.
Good Luck
Ice-Ninja

Back