• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it a good score???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

I wonder if this is a good score for SETI benchmark....I did it for my first time and I want some details if you don't mind please...Thanks...:)

ahhhhhhhhhh................u blow it out hipro5!!! i was gonna give a little surprise to Burning Phoenix for this!! :D :D

YES!! it's a VERY VERY GOOD score!! and u r most likely will take the NUMBER UNO spot!!! (that is..............after i validated it, which i haven't check it yet)

The benchmark serves two purposes. First, it gives you a guess as to where your system stands as compared to some of ours (as any benchmark does). Secondly, it is checked for integrity so that you know if you system is actually stable at that speed.

When you are crunching, you are analyzing data taken from the Ariceibo radio telescope for signs of ET. The main way of checking for ET (or some other strange signal) is with the gaussians. Gaussians are an increase and then decrease in power over time. Kinda like a car blaring it's horn as it passes. It starts out quiet, but then gets louder and after finally passing right in front of you, it gets quiter.

You also check for spikes (weird instant jumps in power), pulses (related to spikes), and tripilets (three spikes in a row spaced exactly the same ammount of time apart).

JigPu

JigPu said:
The benchmark serves two purposes. First, it gives you a guess as to where your system stands as compared to some of ours (as any benchmark does). Secondly, it is checked for integrity so that you know if you system is actually stable at that speed.

When you are crunching, you are analyzing data taken from the Ariceibo radio telescope for signs of ET. The main way of checking for ET (or some other strange signal) is with the gaussians. Gaussians are an increase and then decrease in power over time. Kinda like a car blaring it's horn as it passes. It starts out quiet, but then gets louder and after finally passing right in front of you, it gets quiter.

You also check for spikes (weird instant jumps in power), pulses (related to spikes), and tripilets (three spikes in a row spaced exactly the same ammount of time apart).

JigPu

Thanks man for the info....:beer:
Can I crunch SETI and do some other work on my rig as well???

Absolutely!

The SETI client as it is set to run at default only uses cpu cycles not being used by anything else. If you don't mess with the priority of the client it will step to the background any time any other process calls for cpu time.

SkyHook

HIPRO5, NICE overclock.

If you're going to do seti with your extra CPU cycles, the overclockers.com team could use your help. :)

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/index.php

for more info. Would be great to have you on board.

BEWARE, searching for ET can be addictive ..... NEED MORE PROCESSING POWER ......

Thanks guys....I'll join the SETI power club today...I also have a Pentium3 1000MHz@1222MHz at home, so I'll have more "crunch" time....

hipro5 said:
Thanks guys....I'll join the SETI power club today...I also have a Pentium3 1000MHz@1222MHz at home, so I'll have more "crunch" time....

Welcome to the team....sounds like your getting addicted already :D

Back