• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Points come after beating the "average" if the average is subzero the points are hard. Have you tried unorthodox cooling methods? I do all my air results with an air conditioner ducted to the system. Water people put their rads in ice buckets. Other people bench in a window while its subzero outside. Or you could just go dice :).

//And then there are tweaks, but you gotta get in the lounge first ;)

It definitely isn't easy/possible to get the 20points with must the 920 on air. I think when I tried I got all of 6points in 2d benchmarks and 10ish on 3d benches with my 6950 (including some globals for Heaven). I recommend uding whatever hardware you have lying around in the house and add some easy boints where even if you have a few .1-.2 runs it still adds up.

Then again if you go DICE you can get it in two benchmarks. (I got 92 in in 6 benches today on my 920)

What is the maxes/best you have been able to do with your 920? How much voltage did you dare put into the chip, whats been your max Bclk, etc?

Looking over your profile, you missed pifast at spi1m speed. That should be worth a few more. And depending on your chips temps, 4c4t is pretty good for vantage and 06. Run the rest of the benches and see where you end up. You are close already!

Yeah I just checked your profile, nice scores for air (better than I was able to get with my board+chip til I took it cold)

http://hwbot.org/community/user/thenewbie?tab=submissions

You haven't done (or at least haven't submitted for) pifast, wprime32, or wprime1024 (for 2d) or 3dMark06 and 3dMark Vantage (3d) yet. With those you can probably get some nice numbers and make it in with little problems.

A couple tips is that a benching OS is always helpful, remember to turn off unneeded services, and google around for some superpi tweaks (they are all over the net) that can cut tenths to full seconds off.

Cool thanks for the tips guys :thup:. Yeah I have no clue about pifast or setting it up I tried it it did its thing then closed itself. Could be some more easy points from where I am at and I am currently setting up for 3d bench will run 01, 03, 05, 06, and 3dmark11.

920 and Sabertooth x58:
Current settings for 3d
4532Mhz cpu 1.56 vcore 3880mhz Qpi
1726 8-8-8-24 1t ram 1.65 volts
max bclk w/ pci-e at 114 is 225
max on core is 4725Mhz at 1.59 vcore
all volts on auto but vcore and dram voltage

HD5830:
990core at 1.293volts
1145 ram

Cool thanks for the tips guys :thup:. Yeah I have no clue about pifast or setting it up I tried it it did its thing then closed itself. Could be some more easy points from where I am at and I am currently setting up for 3d bench will run 01, 03, 05, 06, and 3dmark11.

920 and Sabertooth x58:
Current settings for 3d
4532Mhz cpu 1.56 vcore 3880mhz Qpi
1726 8-8-8-24 1t ram 1.65 volts
max bclk w/ pci-e at 114 is 225
max on core is 4725Mhz at 1.59 vcore
all volts on auto but vcore and dram voltage

HD5830:
990core at 1.293volts
1145 ram

For the PiFast bench closing itself.

- Go to the PiFast folder.
- Open hexus_pifast.bat in notepad
- Add "pause" without the quotations at the end.
- Save the file
- Run the benchmark.

That should leave it open once it has finished.

- Save the file
- Run the benchmark.

*Edited* nzaneb It always stays open at the end (after it says to take a screenshot and/or jot down the results)

Make sure you are using the hexus_pifast.bat file

Last edited by a moderator:

- Save the file
- Run the benchmark.

*Edited* nzaneb It always stays open at the end (after it says to take a screenshot and/or jot down the results)

Hang on boys... We're not in the lounge. :chair:

I think it is more important to put the pause before the 'run' line this way you can setup your 'realtime priority' and maximize the window then hit spacebar/etc to start the benchmark. It always stays open at the end (after it says to take a screenshot and/or jot down the results)

*Edited* nzaneb

Thanks for all the help :thup: and I'm sorry if I got anyone under the gun I will set pifast up and run in a few.

*Edited* nzaneb I'm making sure to not talk about anything that can't be googled :p

Hang on boys... We're not in the lounge. :chair:

I know right?
N00bs these days!

Seriously.

Buncha damn fools.

Yeah, this is all lounge info. What is going on here? :p

:chair:

Well lets look at what was posted here...

*Edited* nzaneb

So untwist your panties and relax boys... We haven't really given up any "secrets" here, and this was done in an effort to help another guy make it to the lounge so that he can contribute even further.

Theres the carrot and then theres the :snipe: (jk)

Here's how I looked at it... TheNewbie is working hard to get meet the requirements for team/lounge membership so there is no reason why we should not give him that last nudge on the back so he makes it in.

Seba, this is the whole point of the lounge.

Most tweaks are overlooked things that people never notice. If you post them in the open whats the point of having a secret area?

If you feel super inclined to give away hard-earned tweaks, you have the PM button for a reason.
You know, we kind of have a team section for a reason.

Last edited:
The bat file comes with a pause at the end. Mine did, at least, and it's the HWBot download version.
Being able to google something if you know about it already, and finding it while searching for pifast tweaks are two very different things.

The very existence of a modified affinitiable version was brand new knowledge here not that may months ago, it's far from as common as you seem to think.

99% of the tweaks in the world are "out in the wilderness", but at bare minimum half of those aren't well known, there is a large difference between "out in the wilderness" and "so common it's not lounge stuff".

Example:
Stuff in this thread? Lounge.
3d05 being CPU bound to extremes? Public.
3d01 liking older drivers? Public.
3d01 run order of doom and other tweaks I'm not going to mention out here? Lounge.

If it wasn't googleable before now, it is now. This page is indexed constantly.

Back