• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You kids are a paranoid bunch! :D

I yield; I will gladly go out to the town square and take my 30 floggings now.

Well I don't mean to thread jack :D but can someone advise me on what settings to use when I run Pifast? Currently using chudnovsky , standard mode, 10000000 digits and 1024k are those correct for HWbot submissions?

done and well I guess most of the hardcore clockers go after the pifast bench. I eeked out .1 point on my 4.7ghz run

Pifast is a difficult bench (for me) to tweak down, it definitely isn't easy to get it going to match the speeds that some people are getting even with similar settings/speeds.

Thread cleaned up a bit. Helping out the new guys is what makes this team great, however, if you plan to reveal something that might potentially be lounge material... please do so via PM in the future.

@TheNewbie - Don't get discouraged, you're doing great :thup: If you have any questions at all, anyone with a benching tag should be more than willing to help. Thanks for your hard work so far!

Did someone say flogging?!

:snipe:

Welcome newbie, almost there now. And with all the censored tweaks in this thread, it is a great advertisement for getting lounge access. :D

If you remember to do anything with a 2d Benchmark, just make sure you :censored: all of the :censored: before you :censored: or else you will lose points/seconds.

Yeah I will make sure to :censored: my :censored: when I am done :p.

But I decided to do alittle digging into what voidn suggested about radical cooling methods. I pulled one of my rads and turned the fans off on the other rad. I am going to try a run w/ a slushbox setup w/ the free rad in a bucket of ice to see what I can pull off om Spi 32m and Wprime. Hopefully I can hit 20 points. Wish me luck:salute:

P.S. Does the hardware scan on Wprime work?I have tried to patiently wait for it to finish but it never does I let it sit for 30m one time and no dice. Will it affect my submission to the bot if it does not have a HW profile?

It always seems to be wrong. Just make sure to have your cpuz screens up when you take your screen shot. One on cpu one on memory tab.

ya, don't feel bad about pifast. i am in the lounge and it took me like an hour to figure it out. but it was worth it.

Yeah I have trouble with the wprime cpu-info screen as well. Sometimes it works if you hit the 'install libraries' button and it installs basically an old version of CPU-Z to pull the data for it, but with a stripped OS it won't work (at least not my self-stripped one).

Well 10lbs. of ice and a little over 4 points later I am soooo close to the secret club:sn:

Attachments

• SS hwbot.PNG
    SS hwbot.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 80
Total points should be good I believe. So needing the 20pts means you should be good. Pm one of the captains.

Back