• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to connect a display wirelessly to a notebook?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crow846

Hi,

I own a 14" notebook and the size of the display is too small for me so I can't really do a lot of
office work on it.
I have a 24" computer display sitting at home.
So I want to connect that display to my notebook with out the need to plug the HDMI cable all the time.
Can it be done by using some kind of an adapter?

I am using the notebook for Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Movies, Web browsing.
No gaming or need in high latency.

I am looking for a stable and reliable solution.
So remote desktop software isn't an option.

I searched on the internet but couldn't find much information.
I know about the existence of Chrome Cast (and the replicas) but I am not sure if they designed for my needs.

Will appreciate any help.

What about baby monitor technology? If the quality is "good enough", you probably may be able to retrofit it to transmit video signal instead of camera video? It may be quite bulky though..

Otherwise, it'll probably have to be some kind of network, because you'll essentially be transmitting "movie" wirelessly and it'll have to be rendered in good quality(high quality stream) to be acceptable.

What about game(screen) capture software that you can send over WiFi and have a receiver on TV end?

I use a DVDO Air3C in my conference room. With a direct line of sight, it works up to around 40-50ft no problem. There are two small bases about the size of a cigarette box. Each requires USB power. One has HDMI input, the other output. 1080p with sound. I have had the system running now for about 3 years. After trying multiple variations of sending video wirelessly, this proved to have the lowest latency if you want real time video.

Last edited:
Back