• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it really better than copper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heatronics used to make a heat pipe fansink, so this appears to be another facet of the same technology.

One downside to heat pipes is that the fluid has to be selected and "tuned" for the expected operating temps in order to be effective. In other words, it is most effective when the fluid is simultaneously part liquid & part gas at the temp you want. If you run it too cool, then the heat transfer is poor as no liquid boils. Same thing if too hot ... the vapor does not condense. Some high tech, high end heat pipes use a blend of fluids to broaden the effective operating temperature range.

Unless you're cooking sushi (hehe) I'm guessing the temps used to cook food are not comparible to those you'd want for chip cooling!

KK

eg1441 said:

It's not a material. It's a heatpipe meaning it has a very definate minimum thickness, which would be much thicker than the thin fins on thermalright heatsinks...

It sounds like a material to me, this is what they say about it "it is turned into the higher heat conductive material than copper, maintaining features of stainless steel"

Material
SUS304, SUS304L, SUS316, SUS316L (applicable to other metal material such as titanium)

Although one of their heatsinks is using this material in a heatpipe like design it has the features of stainless steel, according to their site. Definitely not a heat pipe, it is more like a heat plate.

I stand corrected!

Really I’m sitting…but I did straighten up when I read “Heatlane is our core technology, which circulates the working fluid within the meandering capillary tube’

Yup! Heat pipe like.

I hadn’t read that there was a fluid in it before.

Back