• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it wrong for me to be buying an ipad 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a 2760p. I'm aware that it is nearly 3 times the price. I'll gladly pay 3x the price for something that isn't a giant smart phone, minus the phone, with trashy 'apps' that can't actually run anything.

It does everything the iPad does, and it actually has software. Plus if anyone attacks you, you can hit them with it. Hit someone with an iPad, it won't do much.

It's a 2760p. I'm aware that it is nearly 3 times the price. I'll gladly pay 3x the price for something that isn't a giant smart phone, minus the phone, with trashy 'apps' that can't actually run anything.

It does everything the iPad does, and it actually has software. Plus if anyone attacks you, you can hit them with it. Hit someone with an iPad, it won't do much.

Actually Windows 7 is poor with touchscreens in comparison to everything else. This is fact.

Like I said before, I actually have these devices at my disposal. Difference between you and me. :p

with trashy 'apps' that can't actually run anything.

1) i have and enjoy alot of the apps itunes has to offer

2) im a rugby player for all those who know the great British game and i dont need anything to defend me in a fight ;)

Actually Windows 7 is poor with touchscreens in comparison to everything else. This is fact.

Are you sure that's Windows 7 itself, or is it just that developers have been working with Apple hardware longer, and have had more time to perfect interaction?

Are you sure that's Windows 7 itself, or is it just that developers have been working with Apple hardware longer, and have had more time to perfect interaction?

The problem is that the windows touch api allows more freedom than the ios version. While with windows its possible to do more.... having the ability also causes things to not flow as nicely.

I have my rig and an iPad, no laptop. Frankly it works quite well for me. Jailbroken gets a lot more basic funcionality, a task manager and such. It's main use is texting, streaming videos from my desktop to the iPad, and using LogMeIn.

IMO, LogMeIn on the iPad flows quite nicely. You can't game, of course, but you can use full W7.

Don't forget. $30 "Camera Connector" and cheap USB keyboard works. Apple will lie to you about that.

I bought an Ipad2 on launch day and returned it 6 days later. I bought an original Ipad and haven't looked back. Got it much cheaper, and it is damn close in speed. I would never use the cameras as I have my iphone 4 for that. I use my ipad nonstop. Love it. I have it set up with Citrix reciever too, and log into one of my virtual desktops and run windows 7 on it. Freaks people out when they see Windows 7 on an ipad..

As I side note, I don't understand the hate for a company? If you don't like their stuff don't buy it. Some people just have to think someone is "the man" and hate em. I don't get it. I have an Xbox and a PS3 too...Take that..

Back