• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is MSI GD45 GAMING a stabile motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brigapes

Registered
A really quick question here, since i'm doing the build with i7 4770K, and i came to selecting a motherbaord, and i've heard about problems with MSI boards in general, or was it just a particular series MSI boards? I would like to hear it maybe from someone who owns a GD45 motherboard, just if this motherboard is stabile and that there is no problem with it?
It has won over 20 awards so that's why i'm still curios about it.

From past experience - Yes

This probably won't be much help, but my second oldest rig has the old MSI X58A-GD45 with an i7 960.

I know, that's several gens back (original core x58 lga 1366)

Best x58 board I've ever owned. I don't game with it now (it's a dedicated folder) but no problems at all. OCed of course!!

So, if the same high level has been kept by MSI (seems it's even better judging by awards it's got) Then it would be great. An excellent choice no doubt.:)

This probably won't be much help, but my second oldest rig has the old MSI X58A-GD45 with an i7 960.

I know, that's several gens back (original core x58 lga 1366)

Best x58 board I've ever owned. I don't game with it now (it's a dedicated folder) but no problems at all. OCed of course!!

So, if the same high level has been kept by MSI (seems it's even better judging by awards it's got) Then it would be great. An excellent choice no doubt.:)

Thanks man! Really appreciated! :D

Heh, there are plenty of people 'on fourms' that don't have a clue... I am a reviewer here so perhaps I may know a little something though. :)

Heh, there are plenty of people 'on fourms' that don't have a clue... I am a reviewer here so perhaps I may know a little something though. :)

I mean, you're part of those team, got an awesome picture... Beign a good reviewer and with-at least i think Experiences

Since small price diffrence between G45 and GD65, i will be going for GD65 for 200$, and also if someone knows a better board for the price, please tell :D

I have the z77 gd45 gaming and it's been rock solid. Then only issue I've came across is the "Killer NIC" or whatever it is caused issues on the software side. Just uninstalled and all is well.

There is a huge problem, Amazon.com won't ship to Slovenia :(
Does anyone know a good shipping site, from US to EU?
If yes, please post only the ones that are OK for sue... :/

Back