• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED is my psu gold rated?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

Hi. I got hold of a corsair hx1050 off ebay second hand he said it was gold rated but I know they do a silver rated version too. It doesnt say anywhere on the psu if its gold or silver. Is there anyway to check?

What are the amperage/wattage specs on yours? I would say trying to match those up with reviews of both the gold and silver varieties would be your best bet.

What are the amperage/wattage specs on yours? I would say trying to match those up with reviews of both the gold and silver varieties would be your best bet.

Ok thanks while I was looking for the specs i found model number cmpsu-1050hx. Turns out it is the silver not the gold thanks for the quick reply

From the reviews I glanced at on that PSU, it looks like there was some marketing ambiguity from Corsair regarding the Gold/Silver editions of it.

It will be a fine power supply, I'm sure, though it is very annoying that would didn't get what you paid for. Sounds like the eBay I've come to know, unfortunately :(

Silver... and why would you be looking for a refund? I don't think they made a gold version? Newegg has it mislabled. But you can see on the box in the newegg listing it shows silver.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139034

was advertised as gold. they do a gold and silver version of the hx1050. link to corsair you can see the gold and silver version http://www.corsair.com/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=hx1050

not much point putting the link up literally says hx1050 gold rated with all cables. nothing else

That is the silliest thing I have heard... silver and gold of the same PSU... Still, not sure I would ask for any money back as I doubt it was fetching a premium.

Back