• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the HyperX 512M PC4000 at BB a good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought them at cc a week ago and they run at 260fsb dual channel with 3.2v on my asus p4p800. I am returning them though to try out the adata stuff that I just saw on nother post that booted up at 301fsb!

mattspalace said:
They would likely be fine at DDR400, but you would probably be stuck with CAS 2.5 because PC4000 just doesn't like tight timings.

Since you're running an AMD setup, I'd go for some low latency PC3200. Most of it will do somewhere around DDR433 or DDR440.

o_O.... is that right? Would I really be stuck with CAS2.5? Anyone try CAS2 (and/or at 400MHz)?

it's actually running pretty good for me. I got it to run stable on mine at: 11.5x212 @ 2433MHz, which is good for my 3000+ on Air.

Thats cuz its not running @ its rated speed!

Try getting to it pass memtest past 434mgz. Unfortunatly you will see that it isnt what its cracked up to be :(

I know Kingston sales PC4000 dual-channel kits.. Maybe they perform better..
Purchasing these separate sticks from BB seems to be hit or miss though.. Too bad because it is a good deal.

Back