• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the PC world going to change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hello
I'm not so experianced forum member here, so I would like to ask few things about building PC.
I did ask few months agoo, but we decided with forum members, thath I'm going to wait.

Processor:

Few days agoo new Processor from Intel come up, before i was about to chooose i5 4660k, but now skylake price and fact that he supports DDR4 is changing my choice.
BUT:
I'm not sure if AMD is going to set up anything soon. Please help me up here.

Motherboard:

About Motherboard i'm a bit confused, I would like to set up ddr4, but motherboards with could support them seems to be x2 more expensive than ddr3 ones, and I'm wonder is it worth to choose DDR4 supporting motherboard for x2 more price, if effect with DDR4 is going to be like 5% more than DDR3.
I would like to see few test in soon days with skylake and DDR4, compared to DDR3.
Any info here?

Graphic Card:

Before Iwas confused about GTX 770 and Radeon r9 2xx series, but now when R9 3xx come out thechoice is going tobe obivous, anything what could stop me from now, would be the fact that for example Nvidia will give us more card in like 2-3 months with s not going to happen I think.
If I'm wrong please correct me.

Memory RAM:

Here is the biggets problem for me, I have really no clue how the DDR4 3000 Mhz for example, would compare with DDR3 2400 Mhz or more, I would like to see few tests with skylake anytime soon.
Prices of DDR4 and DDR3 are also diffrent but they're getting cheaper every week so it is not going to be problem for me.

Flash Memory:
Of course i'm going to keep my SSD 850 EVO, and wondering to get 1Samsung PRO becuase it seems hes unebatable in tests.

As You noticed the main problem for me is the fact, that I'm waiting for the moment when Its really good day to change PC.

BEfore my DDR and processor was stopping me to buy new PC. It has 4cores and of course hes muuuuch more weaker then ones what we got now, but the new SKYLAKE series is just to good choice in my opinion.

The serious problems with ic confusing me are DDR4 and DDR3, price+ effect, i think im here most confused.
Please give me ur opinion.

I'll do my best to answer one section at a time:

Processor:
AMD's next big release is called Zen, best guess is sometime in 2016 for release last I checked. And who knows what the performance will be like at release compared to Intel's offering and price as well. Skylake would be a very nice upgrade for you.

Motherboard/RAM:
Some motherboards are in the mid-upper $200 range, but there are still plenty in the mid-$100s. Anandtech's review of the 6600k/6700k they did some comparison of DDR3L vs DDR4 benchmarks I believe for the processors. But they used about the slowest DDR4 memory available, so take the numbers with a medium-sized grain of salt.

Graphics: The next card from nVidia I wouldn't expect until some time in 2016. Depending on your budget a 970/980/980ti are the best cards to have for the most part. Price/performance the 290x is still excellent (especially in crossfire, assuming the game you would want to play supports it and you're willing to put up with a few issues here and there).

Flash/SSD:
You wouldn't notice the difference between the Evo and Pro, be happy with that you have.

PRocessor:
Like I tought, nothing is going to change any soon.
PS:
Is there any websites wich show realse date of next generation processor, or it has history when they WAS realised?

RAM:
Yea here is the biggest problem for me, I think I will need to wait 1 weekmore and read how Skylake works with DDR4/DDR3.

SSD:
I think I did not correct explained what I would like to do:
I'm about to buy second SSD, because my EVO is 250GB only, and this is why i was about PRO,but i noticed that BX100 Crucial isnt bad one too.
Era of PCI SSD ddint come yet so I wont wait that long :D

G. Card:
ofc Titan is the best, but also costs a lot the radeon r9 390x is nice in my opinion- I mean, for such price I think i wont find anything better, or even same...

There aren't really any that do, some websites (like wccftech.com) post a lot of news stories that are generally rumors. For the most part once an official release date is announced (which is rare, generally there's an NDA that reviewers know about that lines up with when the launch is approximately).

Regarding Skylake memory, I would probably just bite the bullet and get some DDR4 memory, it isn't that much more expensive than DDR3, and I can't imagine there being more than one more generation of processors that will use DDR3 before everything is DDR4. It's looking like DDR4-3000 is a good sweet spot, but I haven't had a chance to try myself.

I would probably stick with the Evo line, personally. The price/performance is just so good on them. Getting a 500GB or 1TB SSD you will be good for a very long time.

390x is pretty good as well for price/performance. You're best just looking up various reviews to see what you can find that compares the performance versus what you are willing to spend.

What resolution are you gaming at? (I'm assuming you're gaming and not using the GPU to render)

What resolution are you gaming at? (I'm assuming you're gaming and not using the GPU to render)

1920×1200 but my Monitor is like 5y old.

About graphic Card:

Is therenaything better with price/performance than r9 390x let me hear about it please.

DDR4:
Well for me DDR4 is a bit werid thing, they are making ur pc more expensive, and Ijust wanna see if more "Expensive" means more better, or more "cool" if its "cool" im not interesed about DDr4 with skylake, I will need toreview this topic for sure.

If you're planning to stay in the 1080p/1200p world then go for a 970.

I am from Poland but i don't live there.

atm in Germany so i could say how many Euros i have butlets stay at 1200$ and count the prices like in USA. It is going to be much easier.

Let's do this in Euros, that way I can do a build at places you can purchase from.

Prices vary by market, it's much better to use the currency you're buying in.

6600K - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B010T6DCBS/
Z170 Extreme4 - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B012D7HBTA/
GALAX 970 - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00NPXOBZO/
8GB DDR4 - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B011SMPVXO/
Seasonic 520W - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0038T0V8Q/
Crucial 250GB SSD - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00RQA6DTE/

I'm pushing the edge of your budget, this is ~1080 euros and you need to get a case.
But, you could cut some money by going for a lower motherboard.

Thank You, also SSD memory isnt a MUST for now, because i got one already so second is optional if money will end.

About DDR4, i was watching some test with it and im really confused, the effect with them isnt better than 5% and price for motherboard+ ddr4 is like 20% more....i dont know what to do here.

Whats ur opinion?

Thank You, also SSD memory isnt a MUST for now, because i got one already so second is optional if money will end.

About DDR4, i was watching some test with it and im really confused, the effect with them isnt better than 5% and price for motherboard+ ddr4 is like 20% more....i dont know what to do here.

Whats ur opinion?

Removing the SSD wouldn't change my suggested parts for your usage.

I would buy into Skylake, because 1150 is now a dead socket.

Removing the SSD wouldn't change my suggested parts for your usage.

I would buy into Skylake, because 1150 is now a dead socket.

of course Skyalke is the must, but Im about DDR4.
Im just confused if paying for motherboard+ ddr4 kits is worth, for 3-4% speed boost.

I cant find any correct test/performance with ddr4/ddr3 on skylake i5/i7

Back